Neat freak!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, mushu is a total neat freak. when she poops on her carpet she climbs up her log and stays there until i pick it up. she wont even come down for a cricket. also when she pushes her salad out of her bowl she picks it up, its good in a way coz she helps me to keep her cage clean. its so adorable :D

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
What a good little girl. I wish mine were a neat freak. Scorch doesn't care about being neat. If I do not have the salad dish out of the way and she sees me get out the worms she will start doing her little worm dance running back and forth in front of wherever they are placed on the counter and often ending with a huge mess of salad on the floor. She doesn't care what is in the way, her attention is completely focused on WORMS!! gimme gimme :roll: I guess I should learn to place the dish in the corner.

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
ewstokes":c2eb5 said:
Mine likes to paint his cage with his poo. . . . :?

For some reason that made me laugh a lot!

Yeah, Reggie isn't very neat, either. If there is poo on his basking rock, he doesn't care, he'll lay on it as long as he gets his heat.

Now I've gotten into the habit of bathtime-before-snuggles. Nobody likes a poo-germ-infested dragon on their catholic school uniform. Hehe.

Right now, he smells like mango soap instead of "stinky lizard".

-- Jacqui

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Right now, he smells like mango soap instead of "stinky lizard".
I didn't know that you could wash them with soap... Scorch doesn't stink as she doesn't sit in poo, but I never thought of washing her in anything other than water. I bet a mango lizard smells pretty good. :D Is the mango soap some kind of special organic type or something??

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
I don't' think that really matters as long as you make sure you get all the soap off and, obviously, that they don't injest any of it.

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
VEGASLIZARD":ce29a said:
Is the mango soap some kind of special organic type or something??

Yeah, honestly it doesn't matter if you get it all off and stuff. But, yes, it is organic, but not for the dragon, for me. I'm a vegan, so.... :dontknow:

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
I just figured since they can absorb water through their vent that it would be a concern what gets on their skin.

peera

Sub-Adult Member
VEGASLIZARD":a1827 said:
I just figured since they can absorb water through their vent that it would be a concern what gets on their skin.

It is. You shouldn't use soap on them, it can make them sick. It's like you drinking the soapy water. Vegan, organic, doesn't matter.

carries0

Original Poster
I just use luke warm water and a soft toothbrush, the kind you buy for babies, to wash my beardie. She doesnt like the toothbrush that much, she prefers it when i use my hands to wash her. Think she just likes my touch. I always make extra sure that there are no soap residues in the bath or basin when i wash her coz they soak water up through their skin. She doesnt like water that much though, maybe thats why mine is such a neat freak :D

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
That's funny. My husband bought a Winnie the Poo baby's toothbrush that I use to when Scorch is shedding. She loves it. She doesn't like bath time as much as she did when she was smaller though. I used to have a tub that fit in her viv and she would sit in it sometimes for an hour. Now that she has grown out of it she takes her bath in the wetbar sink. She has to have her front legs on me or she will jump out. So no more hour long baths for her!

joeyb504

Hatchling Member
i now understand about the neat freak my baby just did the same wouldn't come down today until i cleaned up poo and then scratched on the tank and ran to the waterbowl to show me it was dirty

Seacow

LOL! My Dennis does that too! He'll poop in his viv over the edge of his basking log and hold his tail up nice and high(so it doesn't drag through the poo-pile) and then keeping his tail up, scurry over to the other end of the viv. He then death-glares at me until I scurry and clean up his dragon-dung ("run my slave, RUN!" :twisted: ).
*sigh* Just realised most of the threads I've been involved in on this site are related to poo in some way. I need to get out more :oops:

ronni1221

Juvie Member
Brutus pushes all his feeding and water dishes around the tank at night, so he can make a bed for himself. Rearranging furniture for bedtime.

Seacow":0f274 said:
*sigh* Just realised most of the threads I've been involved in on this site are related to poo in some way. I need to get out more :oops:

Hey, I know the feeling. I don't think you can have a dragon without being obsessed with poop. Comes with the territory. :D

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Seacow":45b96 said:

Hey, I know the feeling. I don't think you can have a dragon without being obsessed with poop. Comes with the territory. :D[/quote][/quote]

LOL, I agree! People come into my room and gasp and hack and plug their noses, and it takes me a while to figure out what their problem is. There are a great deal of uncleaned poos in the depths under my bed.

srry edited it a million times... quotes arent working.... anyhoo, srry about my typing too, I have a sleeping dragon occupying one arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom