Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
I guess I didnt read the glasses part well. Side effect from one of my pills, double vision. It's clear vision just doubled.

Glad Cierra isn't sick after all. Glad Rocco is his old self. How is Bunny?

Nathaniel is a brat #1 for sure. Broly is my brat when I thought it was Cocoa. So Broly and Nathaniel are brats for sure, never had this problem with a dragon before. I had two potty trained and this one refuses for now. At least paper towel if not bath but nope :lol:.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Bunny is doing fine but she's really fat (my fault, too many crickets), so I'm feeding her only every 2nd day but she's still 47g. Oh well, better she be a bit overweight. If she lays another egg, she has plenty of weight to help with that.

Cierra was in the tub when I was talking to Jake (he's our caretaker & was vacuuming the hallway). She jumped out & I found her in the dining room, silly girl. She's gotten much lighter now, too.

Yes, Nathaniel is #1 brat. He was covered in stress marks, I took him out to feed him & within a couple of minutes his belly was pure white again. They really do like Mom being home so they can get handled more :love5:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Broly is the same. He was so dang mad that I kept going out while mom and sis had vacation time. I would come home, log had poop in its crack and knowing that's a itch to clean he done it anyway. So I would spend 25 minutes cleaning it off getting what I could and he on his croc skull looking pleased with himself. I hope his tail starts flaking off soon (I see shed line but not flaking) yellow scales are getting on my nerves. It's not YF because I am able to get it off. Shed darn it! Shed!! LOL.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
I always love seeing pictures of your crew! Cierra and Nathaniel are characters! I also hope Puff isn't laying eggs again!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Lindz, I'm hoping Puff isn't laying eggs again either, so far no more though, so I'm glad.

So Nathaniel is missing. I went out for a couple of hours (dental appt) and got home and he's nowhere to be found. I think he got into the dining room, but can't find him anywhere. The bedroom door was closed, but I'll check anyway. I even put Gabriel out to see if that would lure Nathaniel from his hiding place, but no luck so far. Guess who won't be coming out anymore when I'm out. Guess that's Gabriel's spot from now on. Nathaniel is very much #1 brat. I'll let you know when I find him.

Cierra is still not eating, but she looks so happy in her tank, with her piggy. She has a bowl of worms & I'm not going to start feeding her, either. Bad enough I have to feed Nathaniel. I figured out the issue with him & the food dish, it's just too big, so will get a small one like Cierra's and find a place that will work for him. I just don't want to hand feed anymore dragons!

I took some pics, too, Cierra and Puff, they get along very well
11887-5404439075.jpg

Gabriel after his bath, he gets so yellow
11887-6438096505.jpg

Nathaniel in his tank, he gets so dark when he wants to
11887-4739269824.jpg

Puff has decided that she wants her bed on her basking spot, so I obliged, she loves that bed! Tonight she'll sleep in it. Last night she slept in her hide for the first time ever.
11887-5720545738.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Well, Nathaniel is no longer missing, found him sound asleep under my china cabinet. Which means he climbed the sofa, jumped across my desk, underneath Cierra's tank and ducked underneath the cabinet, now to get him out...remind me he's never to be out on his own again if I'm not there to watch every single second :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Well, Nathaniel is no longer missing, found him sound asleep under my china cabinet. Which means he climbed the sofa, jumped across my desk, underneath Cierra's tank and ducked underneath the cabinet, now to get him out...remind me he's never to be out on his own again if I'm not there to watch every single second :lol:

Mission accomplished, was easy enough to get him out, luckily the sides are tall enough to grab his head & being on tile, I was able to just pull him out. Brat#1, as I said :mrgreen:

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Oh Nathaniel!! Such a trouble maker!! He sure keeps you on your toes. Glad you found him. Aww Puff and Cierra get along, that's great! I am not brave enough to let my boys near each other. I am way to nervous.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
CooperDragon":2u48j6dt said:
That's impressive. Sign him up for special ops training!
:laughhard:

Too bad you don't have a webcam to record Nathaniel's Olympic-style obstacle course. Brat!

If the two eggs came out with the poop, and had a film of fecal matter over it, then I'd say that they were leftovers from last time. That's how Digi and MoMo's leftovers look like, mixed in with poop and stained brown.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Lindz, I would never put my boys out together, ever, they would fight to the death, I know that! Leo is a very laid back beardie, so he can be out when Puff is out, but not with the boys, they would try to hurt him, too. Cierra and Puff can be out together for a few minutes, that's it. It's funny when they're out. First Puff puts her paws on Cierra, who them moves around so her paws are on Puff, they do that a few times, until I settle them down side by side so they can watch TV, but that's the extent of those visits.

Hi Gina, glad to hear about the eggs, I wasn't sure. So that would be 29 eggs from last batch then. That's exactly what they looked like, too.

And yes, I sure wish I did have a webcam that would follow movement, even though with all the articles knocked off my little desk I could figure out where he'd gone and I was right. Straight line right under the china cabinet. Good thing the bottom is carved very high as it's a huge piece of furniture and I wouldn't be able to move it at all. He's a lucky boy I could reach in there, having small hands, or he'd be stuck under there! And yes, he's definitely brat#1 :lol:

Cierra had to have a bath, couldn't figure out the poop pattern until I saw her tail. She didn't get any on her piggy, but her tail was filthy. She wasn't impressed with the bath or having her tail cleaned, but too bad. Then she snuggled in and slept on me for a couple of hours before I put her to bed, sweet girl. :D I so wish I could stay home, sigh...

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Boy, Deb. Your reptile children are quite the characters. I know why you enjoy them, they make you laugh a lot. Your stories make me laugh.

Lil Squirt is getting her appetite back. She ate about 8 supers yesterday along with some greens. That's comforting because she didn't get her appetite back right away like we are used to, she had to wait until Wednesday.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Lori, I'm glad Lil Squirt is eating her supers again, she needs to gain that weight back. Seems that Puff isn't done with eggs, she's eating fine & eggs are coming out with her poop. 3 so far this week. Not sure what to make of that...She pooped today with no eggs, so we'll see how that goes

So Nathaniel is still brat#1, he likes his new small food dish and ate all the bugs that were in it, but he pooped in his very small greens dish. Now that had to be deliberate because it was a big poop and it was all in the little food dish. At least he didn't poop on his bugs this time! Gave her Puff's small bug dish and gave Puff another one a bit bigger. She liked it!

Took everyone's weight:

Puff is now up to 469 :D , but not sure if it's weight or egg weight, guess only time will tell.

Even though I just fed Gabriel 20 worms 2 days ago and lots of greens yesterday, he's down in weight, from 499 to 481, guess it's just his energy level...he looks great, though

Cierra is down 3 grams to 258, so I'm introducing her to roaches. The worms seem to bother her stomach, so maybe roaches will do the trick.

Nathaniel is staying at 301g, at least he's not losing anymore. I'm still feeding him, but now he seems to be eating worms out of the small dish, so I'll just feed him roaches when I have time.

Leo is down to 517 from 528 & looks great. Still has a good belly, but now I can start feeding him roaches, too. Luckily my colony has taken off & there are lots of good sized roaches, so will have enough for all 3 of them. Puff and Gabriel still prefer supers, so that works.

My geckos love the small super worms, so not going to get any more crickets for awhile. I'm still waiting for the 500 small worms, the last order was delayed at the airport & all the worms died. So Jake re-ordered on Tuesday & we're waiting for them to come in. I've been borrowing from Joanne but if all 3 are eating roaches, I can give the small ones to the geckos until the new order comes in.

Cierra has discovered all the dragons in the glass & they sure keep her busy. She has a pure white belly when she's chasing the, so I'm not concerned, they're not frightening her at all, which is good. Keeps her occupied and active :lol:
11887-2020597710.jpg
11887-4751550318.jpg

Cierra finding another use for her pillow, a butt warmer :lol:
11887-5836181315.jpg

This is how she was sleeping last night, the camera woke her up. She flipper her piggy over to sleep on it, because she'd pooped on the other side of her tank. Smart girl :lol:
11887-143859447.jpg

#1 brat Nathaniel looking so innocent while sleeping, but we know better! :mrgreen:
11887-8498495612.jpg

I'm not sure if you can see all the water drops on the wall & behind the sink. Nathaniel makes a complete mess of both when he's in the bath. I had to stand for 20 min, preventing either of them (Cierra is in the sink on the left) from getting out of the water. It was a very long 20 min :roll:
11887-6113328282.jpg
11887-8888087575.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
OMG Cierra ate 4 male roaches today. :shock: I'm amazed. I was taking out males to take to my friend Joanne. She's very allergic to roaches, so I keep her colony here and take males in for her dragons to eat. Cierra grabbed one from my hand and continued eating. She had wanted out, so I let her out, I'd taken out roaches for Nathaniel and Leo, she ate some of those (medium sized), then ran around a bit, checking everything out. She just doesn't pay any attention to Gabriel and Nathaniel going nuts in their tanks, so funny :lol: I opened the balcony door because the sun came out for a bit, she was basking, turned my back & she climbed the partition I have there & got outside. When I caught her she was fighting mad, wanted to stay out. So once I got her in & closed the door she kept trying to get through the balcony glass. Guess it's time for me to clean out the balcony so she can be outside. Big job, though, but will start it Easter weekend. Then she can be out a bit more as well as the others. Time to get a new partition, though, it's really easy to climb. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom