Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks Tammy, it was a big surprise not to get a call that their visit was cancelled! I hope it happens again, but I won't hold my breath.

Thanks Jolene, it's time to get back to work, I miss the people. I also have a lot of training to get done, as a lot has changed on our floor in the 3 months I've been off. I'm taking it very slowly, 4 hours this week and next to see how I manage. The blood tests I got still how very low white blood cell counts and higher than normal liver counts, so something has gone out of whack just his past year. My counts in Dec/12 are all normal. I see my family doc on Wed am and have a lot of questions.

Hi Esther, isn't he just the bomb? I'm hoping I'll see him again soon, but won't be holding my breath :roll:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Titan's memorial, long on pics:
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=203116

It took me forever to put this together, computer froze a few times, darned thing. But finally got it done, it's a pictorial of his short life.

And thanks again Gina for the beautiful tribute to him.

Rest in Peace my beautiful Titan.

Heisenberg

Hatchling Member
What a nice memorial. He looks very happy living with you and his brothers. You gave him a good life. When you find yourself grieving his lost look at this memorial and celebrate his life.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks Robinlynne, that's what took me so long to put it together, I wanted it to celebrate his life, not his death. It made me feel so much better, seeing all the pictures, to know that I did give him a good life and for awhile he was a dragon with no worries. There are no pictures of him when he was very ill, I decided not to remember him like that. And it worked, I had my cry & now he'll always be embedded in my heart, like Sweetie, Loish, Issy and Angel.

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Wow deb it sure has been a long time I finally decided I should check in and I'm very sorry to here about Titan thats really sad i don't know what to say its just something that he didnt deserve all he wanted was all you gave him love care and most importantly to any dragon his food and lights but atleast he got alot pf love And happiness in his life instead of what he got in a pet store!

Also glad to see you got a new girl in the house she's a stunner bet the boys are having black beards like mad men now lol alot happens in such little time it's crazy but hopefully this time I can stick around more lol!

-mike

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Deb, that memorial is so beautiful. You chose the perfect pictures of him. I especially loved the one with his mouth open, quite a smile going on there.

I know how hard this was and it took a long time, but you should be proud, you now have a memorial that you can read and view whenever you feel the need.

Wanted to wish you good luck at your doctor's appointment tomorrow. Starting back by working just 4 hrs a day sounds like a good plan.

athenacp

Extreme Poster
Beautiful memorial Deb....and hoping work is easy for you (u know I am not much of a talker :lol: but am at work and had to answer) Good luck at the docs too!

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Deb, what a beautiful tribute to Titan and I love all the pictures of him. I am sure you miss him terribly and I know he's looking down on you smiling his beardie smile and watching over you.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
That tribute to him fits him so perfectly. Very regal, but has silly moments too, just like him. I was incredibly lucky to meet him when he was healthy. And we are all lucky to have known his story too.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I just got a chance to look at Titan's memorial. The pics you chose were great! Some of them made me laugh. I am sorry you lost him but it for the best for him.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks so much, everyone, for checking out his memorial, now I'll have all his good pics in one spot that I can check on him. I'm grateful for the time I did have with him & I do miss him.

HI Mike, long time no see, you'll have to let me know if you want your thread re-opened. How's Zeus and the cresties? And yes, Puff has made herself known, Gabriel is in love with her & black beards ALL day, until he just exhausts himself. He really thinks it's spring, hardly eating, I love watching him, so much energy :lol: Lonzo likes her, too. He's still got an eye for the ladies, even at 10 1/2 yrs old :D Puff has finally started to eat from her dishes, so that's really a good sign that she's getting more comfy here.

I'll let you know, Diane, what the doc says tomorrow. I managed the 4 hours, but I'm now going to take my pain pills & relax as I was very late getting home.

I also talked to my sister, I'm going to her office after work on Thursday, we're going out for dinner, then to my niece Tehya's photography show, then clean up & I'm staying over for the night. I have a vet apt with Puff at 10:30 Friday, so having my sis get me up early so I can make my way home, then I still have lots of time b4 leaving for work at 2:30. It's a lot more to organize, even working 1/2 a day. At least I got my vacation in for Mondays in July/Aug, I love my short weeks in the summer. They gave me all my vacation time I missed out on in Dec, instead of paying me out, they transferred the 2 1/2 days & added it to my vacation time this year, so I have extra, yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom