Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Good Luck Deb. If all else fails, dump a glass of water on her so she melts! :twisted: :lol:
After the baby is born, (Ok, I'll be good now... :oops: :wink: )

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Hi Deb! I don't get a chance to get on your thread much, I only went back a little bit. I got the "jist" of it. I sure hope everything goes well for you today!! *fingers crossed* XOXO!

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
Oh Deb leader of The Beardie Knights in Black, please give us updates how did everything go! And also Happy Mother's Day!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Oh Holly, you make me laugh so much :lol: And I sometimes think that if I did dump a glass of water on her, she would melt :lol: Shhhh, I didn't say that.

Gina, Esther, Sue, CountofCasualty, and Matt, that you all for the good wishes, it wasn't the best of visits, but it was a visit!

I got there in good time, Eric's landlord was there helping him get a fan with lights set up in the dining room. I apologized to Tara for anything I said that hurt her feeling, she immediately said she didn't want to talk about it (so why the big flap about apologizing :roll: ). She did show me the babie's room, they were lucky enough to already be given a crib, changing table, stroller (her mom will be walking the baby) playpen, bassinet, and boxes of baby clothes. So they're all set, I'll be giving them diapers and knitting some sweaters and a blanket. That will have to be enough from me!

So she hardly said a word she didn't have to, I dozed on the sofa after playing with Bella, their little terrier, then we sat on the front patio, which is large and has a ring garden around it; plus they have a garden on the other side, below their bedroom window; they have a nice place, 2 bedrooms, living room, dining room, kitchen and a laundry room, so they have their own washer/dryer, which is a great thing. So we talked, I got in trouble again about asking Eric if he wanted me to do his taxes (no he hasn't done them yet) but he said he's going to H&R block to pay $ to get his refund back and who knows if he'll get a refund? He won't write off Tara as a dependant, even though he can as she can't work, because her doctor is trying to get her a CPP pension but as she's only ever worked for 1 1/2 yrs part time, she won't be eligible for one. She can't apply through social services, Eric earns too much money. I've gone through all this with them, but they won't listen, they said her doc has a lot of contacts thru CPP, but I know for a fact that if you haven't contributed you're not eligible. Roger worked for 9 yrs, his CPP pension when he applied at 60 was $141/m. Anyway, won't mention that any more. Then Eric actually complained that he doesn't like to come to family get togethers because my young nephews and nieces aren't disciplined enough (they're fine at their homes, they just combust when they get together :lol: , but then so did Eric and his cousins when they were young, he just forgets all of this :lol: )

So all in all, nothing has changed, but it was still good to be invited over and see their new place. Now if I don't get another invite, I won't be so sad about it! As Gina said, baby steps, I just want to be sure to be involved in the baby's life and that the baby knows he/she has two grandmas, not just one.

So on to other good news TITAN IS PARASITE FREE! The Baytril worked, halleluia :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: no more meds for my baby! So to celebrate I took him to the pet shop as I needed to get some crickets and Jen, my favourite reptile lady was there. She was amazed at his colours and that his head was getting healed up and I noticed that the orange ring around his bad eye was growing back! I'd never noticed it before today. He's really getting orange, too, even his beard is starting to orange up, he's going to be a stunner soon. Now to fatten him up and get him a good size...

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Okay, well...it was a visit, and that counts. I have an idea Tara will need lots of help with the baby- more than her mom can keep up with, and they will need Grandma Deb. Great news about Titan! :blob8:

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Well I know for a small fact that if he doesn't claim common law or claim her as a dependant, if he made to much he won't get a refund back if he didn't pay enough in tax. That's what Brandon and I went through this year-we ended up claiming common law because I only worked 5 months part time last year due to illness so it put us under the low income bracket. If we hadn't we would have owed a bunch of money.

Alas. Shame he doesn't listen to you, Deb. But I'm glad you got to go see him and her and their new place. I hope the best for them when it comes to their baby-from what you said she's not in good health at all and there can already be enough complications with a healthy pregnancy, let alone someone who isn't in good health. Glad you get to be a grandma though! (and hopefully you get to help some too!) It seems everywhere I turn people are getting pregnant more and more. But maybe that just comes with being in my early 20s now.

Also YAY TITAN! He's such a beautiful boy, so glad he has your experience, Deb.

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
Well its nice to know everything worked out sort of like Gina said all you can do is baby steps. And yay for Titan getting better. :blob5: :blob8: . I'm getting worried about Noodle but you an head over to Beardie ER to se the topic I made about her

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I'm glad that everything worked out pretty well. Congratz on Mr. Titan being parasite free! Big steps for your beardie sons! I'm thinking about sending fecals to Cheryl for Jace and Zy.

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
Happy Mother's Day Deb! You have been an awesome mom/friend to me on here and thank you so much for all the help you have given me!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
-Saying no evil is sometimes the only way to go. I look at my daughter and think, "Please choose someone of equal values, morals and work ethic" I don't care the culture, color or even gender. Yep I said it. (She really likes boys anyway :laughing6: ) Just someone kind, and dedicated that makes her smile. She is my only, and I understand with Eric being your only son. It's so hard to love someone that much and wonder about their choices. I hope one day everyone's choice make sense. I really do.
-As far as the taxes go, this may be something they have to learn the hard way. I have $20 per pay cheque taken off for taxes. It'll be a cold day in heck when I'll have to pay back when I already pay so much! Would that be an option? My friend can only afford $5 per pay but it really helps :wink:
-Yay for Titan! What a relief! another healthy boy to spoil and make round! What wonderful news! :blob5:

(Happy Mother's Day, darling Deb :wink: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom