Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

PogoLover

Juvie Member
I am sorry that you have to go through that with your ex-daughter in law (did I get that right?). Maybe Leo is saying that stuff to her because HE THINKS she is a bad mom, but he doesn't think he can tell her that, so he pretends other people are saying it.

Re Gabriel - At least he has had a good life while he has been with you. I would be torn up if something like that happened to Lucky. My dog is getting on in years and starting to have problems so I am just trying to be extra nice. My cat too. Lucky is the only young pet in the house right now. I still remember what it was like with Pogo - that was so sad - she didn't even get to grow up.

Bella looks cute. It's good that she is good with the dragons. Rosie (my big 80-pound rottweiler mix) is NOT very good with dragons. She has tried to grab Lucky off of my chest before, so I keep him far away from her - she is not even allowed to go in his room when he is locked up in his cage - and he beards when he sees her.

Fleas are awful. If they get in your house/stuff, they are very difficult to get rid of. I don't know what the climate is like where you live - it's much worse in warmer humid climates in my experience (like the southeast here in the US). When I lived in southern Virginia, my cat brought fleas in and I had to sleep in long sleeves, leggings and socks in 100 degree weather (no AC) because the fleas bit me up so badly - I looked like I had chicken pox. We did ultimately get rid of them, though. When you have the cash, you might want to pick up a flea comb - that way you will be able to tell if Bella still has them (I think you can get fairly cheap ones).

Still praying for Gabriel.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
No luck finding Imp yet, but I keep hearing sounds from the living room/dining room, so I'm hopeful I'll find him.

Bella is really good with the dragons, she'll first sniff them thoroughly, then give them a kiss on their snout, then curl up close to whoever is out to keep an eye on them. But she's not been able to sniff out Imp, at least so far.

Tara (the ex-d-i-l) is a piece of work and harrasses Eric every chance she can, even though she called last night and the kids both said good night and love you's without major fussing. It's time to get a settlement together but he has to see the Justice counsellor (free service) to learn how it works. Once that's done, the counsellor puts it through court, so I'm sure there will be court costs. No lawyers. But it has to be fair to Eric and Tara. She needs living $ for the kids, he needs living $ for himself, so they have to figure it all out so she knows she's not getting all his income. Oh well, in time.

I'll continue looking for Imp today after I clean up the last of the kids mess in the living room, then will have more access, like under the stereo. So hopefully I find him today.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
So I FOUND HIM. He'd gotten himself underneath the kid's 2 drawer night stand we have for special toys. He'd ducked underneath, so every time I looked, I never saw him. Well that won't happen again. And I've found another hiding place!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Yes, he's definitely well named. I know all the hiding places possible in my small living room, so this was a new one! They teach me new things all the time. I figure, when he found himself in that space, he decided to grab another week of brumation.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Why not, right? One thing I've learned over the years is not to worry *too* much when they go missing. They're usually contently sleeping somewhere cozy.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I've never lost a dragon permanently yet, I'm a small woman, so I can get into places they don't think I can :lol: Makes life interesting, and this is with only 2 dragons awake :D He's been on my shoulder warming up ever since I found him. I can't get his light to work...always something...will try again in the am.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
He was running around the living room last Wed, so left him to it. An hour later couldn't find him, that was last Wednesday, last night was 6 days. I think he just hid under the nightstand and fell asleep, because he only moved yesterday when I lifted the stand up to look underneath and I woke him up. So he snuggled for a few hours to get warm and he's back in his tank. So any future outside time, the barrier leading out of the living room will be put back in place.

His lights went on as normal at 7a but he didn't move under them, so I moved him so he can bask. I'll see if he wants to sleep but he still gets a bath today.

PogoLover

Juvie Member
Reading through the comments ... Imp is really really a good name!

:) I am just glad he is safe and you didn't break yourself finding him.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
So am I, he's had bath, 4 ml of mix and he's on the ramp. Gabriel is leaning on that cricket keeper and black bearding Imp. He's not pleased that I found him :lol: I'm just glad to see a reaction from Gabriel. he also walked across the living room and tried to climb the sofa :D I would imagine Imp will be on the ramp for awhile, I even put cartoons on instead of the radio, to celebrate finding Imp :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
That wouldn't surprise me. Gabriel spent all day yesterday black bearding Imp, he on the other hand, watched cartoons and ignored Gabriel :lol: Boys will be boys of any species :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
So Gabriel surprises me every day. Today he ate 4 ml of the mix, then ran around the living room, chasing the sunshine. He got up on the ramp on his own Friday am. He has lots of energy, but I can tell the bigness of his belly is bugging him. So I find ways to relieve the weight and he's happy again. Love him so much!
11887-6818082044.jpg

I finally got pictures of Miss Leona:
11887-6494729398.jpg
11887-2104110034.jpg
11887-4892880875.jpg
And, of course, Bella had to say hi and make sure she was alright.
11887-5758457249.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom