Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Rocco was different than other geckos, he was wild and very difficult to handle. Beautiful even so and he would let me handle him once in awhile. I knew he was sick when he would let me handle him all the time...but it was still heartbreaking to watch him die.

My two girls are very used to being handled, from their previous owner. I had them both out tonight, they crawled all over me and I noticed they were already eating the Grubs 'n fruit Repashy I had put out for them, they were also taking a bath before I went in to play with them.

Bunny was shedding when I brought her out, so I played with her for a bit & put her back after misting her well.

It's going to be fun to come home after work (I get home at 9:30p) and have 3 geckos waiting for me :D

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Oh dang, Im sorry. It was clear when holding him when he doesn't normally let you is a clear sign that something was up with him. Hope I didn't come off sounding completely rude or insensitive I don't mean to. RIP Rocco <3 I love you pretty boy.

Congrats on the new babies can't wait to see my new god geckos! I have said before I have geckos through you..too cold for any out here.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Deb I'm so sorry to hear about Rocco, he was so pretty. <3
I'm so glad that you've found two more cresties, and Leo's are gorgeous, your so lucky. I think it's amazing every time you loose a baby there is always another waiting to come into your life. :)

Norberta senda her love!
82607-7455881713.jpg
Makayla.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I am so sorry to hear about Rocco.
Even though he didn't always want to be picked up, I'm sure he enjoyed being with you and loved your company.

That was nice of you to take the two girls in.
Yes, it would be nice to have someone to play with after work, instead of watching a bunch of sleeping beardies ;)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks Esther, I still have his fig tree and keeping good care of it in memorium for him. I miss him, even though I'm enjoying the cresties.

Hi Kami, thanks, I thought something was up, had made an appt with the vet but was too late. I'm enjoying the cresties, they were raised from eggs, so Jake really socialized them.

Hi Makayla, it's so weird how I come across another reptile when I lose one...but hate losing them, even so. I can't wait to have a leo, have never had one before.

Hi Gina, I miss my Rocco and so glad I have pictures to remember him by. And yes, it'll be fun to have geckos waiting for me when I get home from work.

So I figured out names for the crestie girls, the dark red is Camilla and the pale red is Selene. They're named for goddesses, thought that would suit them.

Couldn't contact Canon today, too late, will try tomorrow morning early. Need to get my pictures loaded, miss posting them!

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I am so you lost Rocco. Its hard to lose any pet and my heart goes out to you. Without sounding like I don't care you lost Rocco, because I do, its exciting that you will have your leo and the cresties. Its so hard for me to put into the words I want when someone loses a pet.
I do keep up with your thread and enjoy all your pictures.
I got Emmett a new bed and posted pictures if you feel like looking.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Tonja, I will, I keep up with your thread, too, but like you don't always get the chance to post, especially now that I'm getting back to work.

Thanks for the kind works about Rocco and I am enjoying my two new cresties, Selene and Camilla. Bunny isn't pleased that there are two other female cresties in our house, though, but I suck up to her every night after I say hi to the new ones. Bunny's been with me since 2012 and so I kept her in her own tank, where she's always lived. I haven't actually introduced them, maybe I need to do that one night, but it's hard enough to handle two of them, never mind three at the same time, so I'll have to figure something out.

As for the leo, not until July, when I get the bookcase in. I've already got a friend who will help me get it home, I sure won't be able to handle it. At least it's coming in over a long weekend. We'll see how that goes.

So I weighed Imp, he hasn't gained a gram, which is odd, I think my scale needs a new battery, will look into that on Saturday but he did grow 1/2"...in a week!...so he's now 18" long.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
The crew are doing really well! How are your two doing? Imp had his poop tested last weekend and he's parasite free. He's still not eating much though...sigh...he doesn't like his worms, eating only a few a day & only if I offer them and I'm having trouble finding anyone who sells roaches up here, which is what he'd prefer. The breeding is going very slowly, too...roaches are illegal, so it's an under the counter sort of culture to buy them...

And my girls are loving their new home. Bunny still has the same in her tank, very plain but she seems to like it like that, but for Selene and Camilla I put bio (living dirt) in the bottom (my friend Joanne did this with her frogs and cresties) with lots of hanging leaves. Well, they love it so much it's hard to find them, so I took them both out last night for a bit but tonight I couldn't even find them LOL So I'll leave them alone to get used to it and get them out Thursday night when I don't have to go to work the next day.

Gabriel is the next to go to the vet for a check up on Saturday am. He's been very sleepy lately and it's not normal for him in the summer time, so he might be lacking in something. So blood test and xray, just to be on the safe sife, he hasn't been to the vet in over 2 years. It's time.

Cierra is making eggs again, her 3rd clutch, so hopefully she'll wait until the weekend when I'm home for 4 days to lay them.

Castiel is a gorgeous as ever and as GQ as ever, too. He's shedding his face right now so not too energetic.

Nathaniel is shedding bits and pieces, too, so he's also not as energetic. I'm back to work full time after that awful bout of bronchitis, so they're not getting near the same amount of outside time and are NOT pleased :roll: Oh well, 4 days off this weekend so they'll have LOTS of outside time...4 days weeks for the months of July and August so that will help, too.

I'll keep you posted on Gabriel's check up.

I have pics but it's too late to post them, will post them later this week.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Yay for no more parasites! Boo that he won't eat. That really stinks that you can't buy dubia there, it would make things so much easier.
How funny that Selene and Camilla like that, lol, and Bunny is doing well, great! Hopefully nothing is wrong with Gabriel. Third clutch? Wow. Awe, poor babies, not getting to be spoiled all day. :lol:
My girls are doing pretty good, they are a bit jealous because mommy's attention has been on a new member of the pack. I got a ball python Saturday and both the girls can tell, haha!! Neither of the girls can stop shedding though, as soon as they finish they start somewhere else! XD

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
That's what's happening to mine, constant shedding. Glad your girls are doing well. Congrats on the new member!

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Thanks Deb! Olympia (the snake) is turning out to be a fun addition, she is so pretty and energetic. :)
Can't wait for pics of everyone! Is Imp eating better yet?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
No, I'm still feeding him in the am, he's eating about 6 a day, if I'm home for the day, he'll eat a bit more. I go to the vet Saturday am with Gabriel and will pick up the carnivore and critical care I bought last week and left there :roll: duh...so then I can make the mix that Imp loves and hopefully get his appetite back up. So here are pictures that I've taken for the last while.

Imp outside, he's so bright coloured now:
11887-6978946891.jpg
11887-1250394145.jpg

Imp on the ramp, what a difference in size!
First night on the ramp:
11887-5035604662.jpg
And now!
11887-4993543420.jpg
11887-5007734206.jpg

Cierra likes to watch me make my lunch/supper and seems better in her tank after she's sat on this chair watching my every move :D
11887-7223262931.jpg
11887-5919975471.jpg

Imp sleeping, he hardly fits on his log anymore
11887-6125787184.jpg

And the cresties new tank, they have bio earth now, black earth with small earthworms and another tiny bug. The leaves are from Joanne's lilac tree and will eventually dry up and be eaten. There's no smell and the girls love it!
11887-4614235517.jpg
11887-5865517748.jpg
From the left side:
11887-6327885510.jpg
From the right side:
11887-2636418068.jpg

I'm thinking of doing the same thing to Bunny's tank...she likes her tank without a substrate but the bio keeps the tank more humid, which is better for her skin.

Castiel decided not to "dragon" today, so he went into his hide and was still in there peeking out when I left for work. And he's still there, so I would think he'll come out tomorrow :lol:

I'm now off for 4 days, YEAH, and have hardly any plans, which is nice. My nieces and I might be going to another movie on Sunday, we'll see what they're up to. They're both out of school now, too. I'll call my brother tomorrow night, maybe we'll go Saturday night instead...decisions, decisions :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom