Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I just spend the last couple of hours playing with Imp. He likes to run across the bed, while licking everything in his path (I have ALOT of things on my bed LOL) and then he likes to climb down the comforter at the end of the bed and wait for me to grab him and kiss him, then we start all over. But he surprised me, when I ran around the bed to catch him on the floor the 4th time, he turned around and climbed back up LOL Then it was time to snuggle and just put him to bed. This was after he spent an hour watching cartoons on the ramp. He likes to be out when the big boys are asleep. I love my Imp, I'm sure going to miss our evenings together when I go back to work...sigh

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Love all the pictures!!! Imp is looking so grown up, wow! And all the others are looking great. :)
Hope you start feeling better soon, I had something like that a few weeks ago and I was coughing for about nine, ten weeks, it was horrible, even the doctor just shook his head and told me I was a mess, XDXD
How fun you got to spend so much time with Imp, he is hilarious, my girls aren't much for playing, Mufasa just lounges on me or sleeps in my bed as soon as she's wrapped in her blanket, while Norberta wants to explore the bed and gets huffy when I don't let her off the edge. XD

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Makayla, the puffers are working for me and I'm not coughing much anymore, so that's a good thing. If I feel better, energy wise, I'll be able to go back to work on Monday.

And yes, Gina, he turned around and went back up, I couldn't find him for a minute because he didn't get back up to the top of the bed, he just waited for me to find him 1/2 way up :lol: He's on the ramp watching cartoons right now.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Imp and I are now playing the "run down the bed, check back to make sure Mom's looking, climb down to the ground & get caught" every night. He's so funny, he never does it more than 3x and then he'll turn around and snuggle into Lambie, my lamb I've had since I was a baby. Then it's snuggle on Mom until bedtime. I'm feeling better and will soon be going back to work, I'm going to miss that game with him....sigh

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Imp is too funny! I'm glad that he no longer takes off on a whim and forces you to chase after him.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Nope, he's decided this is a fun game and makes sure I'm watching to "catch" him. He's just too funny :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
So my Imp is now 332g and 17 1/2", he's growing like a weed! He just doesn't feel as big compared to the others. Cierra has now reached 494g, her highest weight ever, not sure if she's making eggs but by her appetite, I don't think so. She'll wait by her dishes in the am if I'm not fast enough to fill them LOL The boys are good weights, too, Nathaniel is 473, Castiel is 569 and Gabriel is still 597. So then I pick up Imp and he seems small, but he's not LOL

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Wow, weighed Imp and he's 367g without eating a whole lot this last week. He's shedding his back, in fact my whole gang are doing major sheds right now. They're all very quiet and just want to sit on the ramp and watch TV when they're out. I'm back to work p/t tomorrow, will be different for them, for sure.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
WHAT?! :eek: Imp gained 35 grams in one week?! How is that possible?
At this rate, he'll be a monster by the time he's one year old!

PogoLover

Juvie Member
Hi! I am glad to hear that Imp is doing so well, and that you are feeling better. I wish I trusted Lucky on the bed, but he is so fast and I am afraid that he is going to go flying off the edge. He was 18.5" and 395 grams today. I just got back from a lacrosse tournament, so he had a pet sitter for two days. That was my first time with a pet sitter for Lucky. The pet sitter called and told me he ate his roaches like a champ (and I also left a bowl of worms which he polished off). He gained 50 grams this week. He's just 7 months old, so he could have a decent amount of growth left in him. :blob8:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I know, Gina, and he hardly ate this week. I kept offering him worms, he'd eat 2 and turn up his nose. Luckily I was home but not sure what will happen this week, being as I'm back at work tomorrow. Finally! I'm sure going to miss my crew, though :( It's going to be strange to only see them for a couple of hours before I run off for the day...

WOW, Lucky is going to be huge! They don't stop growing until they're 2, even though they get their main growth by 1, they will still add inches in length and girth until they're 2, then it's only girth. So he has a long way to go and he's going to top Imp, that's for sure!

Imp gave me a mini heart attack tonight, he's not much of a snuggler since his back started a shed, doesn't like to be touched there, which is hard when he's snuggling. So I let him run around the living room more tonight & poof! He disappeared! So went through the whole living room with a flashlight, luckily he can't get out of the living room, finally found him behind the lazy boy, of course. So put him to bed. He was tired, poor guy.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
I let my girl run around the living room all the time. She usually ends up behind the tv or fish tank. Wherever is warmest and darkest. The first few times were a little anxious.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
So I have bad news, my golden gecko Rocco died on Monday. He was doing ok, even though he didn't like that he couldn't get up on his walls & I was going to take him to the vet but he went down hill so fast on Friday and my Monday, he was gone. It was so sad, but at least I was home to hold him until he was gone. I buried him yesterday with my dragons.

So the day after he passed a friend of mine told me her son was selling off his cresties, so I have a light red and a dark red crestie now. They're a bit skinny because they just laid infertile eggs but after scrubbing out Rocco's tank and getting a few things for them, they're settling right in. He's also getting rid of his leo's and I just bought a bookcase for the living room with a leo in mind, so I have a bright coloured one waiting for me beginning of July when I've gotten the bookcase in and up. I just needa 10 gallon tank and a few other things and I'll be all set. I've always wanted a leo, they're so beautiful. So I'll have 1/2 my living room & dining room full of dragons and the other 1/2 of the living room full of geckos...in memory of my Rocco.

The fig tree that I've had in Rocco's tank for years is now on a plant stand in the living room beside his tank, also in memory of him. I'll never forget my Rocco, I"m just glad I had 7 years with him. :cry:
He was already getting skinny, he'd been refusing to eat
11887-2319085878.jpg
When he was really healthy
11887-1826740825.jpg
11887-5066192606.jpg
11887-1446876629.jpg
11887-917343726.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom