Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
It's interesting that some beardies have such opinions, and great personalities. They are all so different. They sure have a way of letting their opinions known.

PogoLover

Juvie Member
She is acting "older", less baby like. More hmphy. :) I got her to take four worms in one sitting again today. I still have been spending a lot of time with her despite my back - I went down to feeding her twice a day instead of three times, but I make sure to put her to bed every night without fail (that means that she lays on me for an hour at around lights out time). And feeding her is at least 1/2 hour each time (not to mention that the whole family goes in there and visits with her throughout the day). She is in a room off of our kitchen/family room area and it has glass doors so she can see us out there all day long, but she is in the back of the room so that she doesn't have to feel like we are in her face all day long. When she is older, I will lower her cage and give her a ramp and she might get free roam of that room. She is still too small for that now, though.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
This is what my face basically looked like when I read the first paragraph to your post from last night:
Smiley_by_dragontale.jpg

I am so happy that Leo is slowly returning to normal, that he actually asked for roaches.

What a good boy Gabriel was for listening to you! I always knew that he understood more than he led on ;)

Oh, that Castiel. What are we going to do with him. :dontknow:

Can you wrap a no-slip pad (like the ones that go under an area rug) to the bottom of your crutches?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Gina, I was so thrilled to see Leo walking, he walks slowly but he's walking. I had him out today, but it was too late in the day and he didn't want to move. I'll be glad to get him to the vet next Friday and get the blood test done.

I know, right? Gabriel is a smart dragon :D He tried to attack Leo twice, the little brat, but backed off each time, for which I was very glad. This afternoon Gabriel was out when I went to the chrio, then I had Nathaniel out so they could all bob each other & then I had Castiel out with Leo on my chest & had a nap on the lazyboy. It was a good afternoon :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I just talked to Denise Bushness and her Ming has passed away at almost 16 years old. She was upset but he got to such a good age, you can only celebrate his long life. She wanted me to let you know as her computer died & couldn't make a post herself.

I've got everyone up today, baths, food, supplements. I've got all the boys done, now it's Cierra's turn. I took time off to do my exercises on my left foot and the good news is I'm starting to feel the left side of my foot, which has been frozen since the operation. It was good to start feeling that side, as the ride side is almost back to normal.

Castiel and Nathaniel slept with me last night, they were great with snuggling, didn't try to bite each other. :love5:

My friend Joanne came over yesterday with food and helped me make my bed. Now to figure out how to get wash done, but that's for tomorrow.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh no! Ming was Denise's baby :( Living to 16 years old is beyond amazing though.

That's wonderful news that you can finally feel the left side of your foot! You'll be walking in no time. :)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I know, Denise was feeling pretty down yesterday but she was also expecting this to happen. 16 is a long time for a dragon to live.

Yes, I did my exercises yesterday, was supposed to do them twice but I think I'm fighting a cold 'cause I slept most of the afternoon yesterday, then just didn't have the energy, I'll do better today, even though still tired.

Castiel hasn't been eating but he's not sleepy. Yesterday he got really dark, so this am, when I got up, I snuggled him on the lazy boy for an hour, well his true colours were out for sure :love5: Then he started bobbing at me and waving at Cierra, who was on the ramp. Poor guy is a bit confused :lol:

So I have to go out today, luckily I voted last week, so that's done & don't need much, crickets and some food. So I'll snuggle bug the babies until I have to leave after lunch.

PogoLover

Juvie Member
Sorry about the cold. But it sounds like you are still having fun with your dragons. I haven't seen bobbing yet, only waving . . . and the waving means "please stop doing that!" in Pogo's language. I am laughing at the picture in my head of Castiel getting confused about whether he wanted to bob or wave and at whom :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I've got Castiel on my chest right now, got most of my chores done and we're taking a break. He's deciding if he wants to stay where he is or take off...we'll see. He's licking me right now.

Eric and Tara sent us all pics of the grandkids.

This is Safara, late summer and for her 1st birthday.
11887-3180075730.jpg
11887-7871640529.jpg

Birthday girl, she was a year old on Oct 10
11887-753034428.jpg
11887-828389796.jpg

And Leo, he was 2 years old on Aug 2
11887-8331724172.jpg
11887-6533807861.jpg

Birthday boy
11887-9881511852.jpg
11887-993545931.jpg

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Wow, your grand kids look great! Safara is one year old already? then Leo is 2 now? I guess Leo is just over one year older than Safara. I am just over 2.5 years older than my brother. His daughter (my niece) turned 30 last February 21st.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
So I'm in the living room and Gabriel is on my lap, bobbing at Castiel (nothing new :lol: ). So Gabriel climbs down the boot on my leg, take a jump and lands on one of the cushions on my leg walker :shock: Just about swallowed my tongue :mrgreen: Next thing I know he's jumping off the cushions, landed on the carpet, thank goodness & makes his way to the ramp but not on the top where he'll stay warm, no up the side on the cushion that's resting there. Why? Who knows. I thought my lap was more than comfy for him, so I left him to rest up from his adventures and I'm having a lie down. I'll grab him in a bit & put him back into his tank. Silly Gabriel :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom