Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Gina, I made the right decision to put Rubio on the meds, he moved & put his head on his pillow all by himself today, so will be looking forward to seeing what he's like next Thursday when I take him back to the vet.

I went to my doc today & she's agreed to fill out the long-term disability forms for me. I'm also back on short-term, I can't deal with all this pain & work, too. My doc agreed to tell them it's due to fibromyalgia flares, which it is, plus got a lot of blood tests today & also getting a right shoulder xray as going to a Rheumatologist on March 31, so cross your fingers, I want to be off until after my ankle surgery, then get myself & my energy back!

Had lunch at my mom & dad's with my aunt & uncle, that was a lot of fun but didn't sleep well last night so went home after lunch instead of staying for the afternoon. Will try to see them again before they go back east on Feb 25. I'll check in with my cousin tomorrow, she's picking them up tonight as she's now on Spring Break (she's a teacher).

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's awesome that he's moving around & even putting his head on his pillow, that must have been a great sight. Does he seem like he's less tender or can't you tell yet? Hope he's still enjoying the CC and all the extras you're giving too. Hope you get great news next Thursday and that this bacterial infection is clearing up very quickly so he can be nice & healthy once again.

I'm sorry to hear that you are still so uncomfortable. I am glad that you will able to take some time to try to get some relief and will be able to rest when you need to. Hope the end of March comes soon so you can find out about your shoulder issues. When is your ankle surgery again?

Nice that you had lunch with all of them, must have been nice to spend some time with them. Sorry to hear it was so hard for you to sleep last night. Hope you were able to get a decent nap this afternoon.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Diane,
No, there's no difference to the tenderness & the right side is getting worse, but he's feeling better I can tell. More food tomorrow & got some veggie & pear for a change to add to the carnivore care, too. So we'll see how he likes it.

My doc took one look at me & knew there was something really wrong. I should get the blood test results next week on the computer, they're all attached. And go in tomorrow after taking Didi to the vet (and paying the bill) and get the shoulder xray, it's to see if it's in as bad shape as the left shoulder, spurs and calcification. I love my doc, she really knows her stuff and she really knows me well, too. She's helped a lot of people get onto disability claims so knows what she's doing. I see her again on Mar 25, then she's on vacation for a couple of weeks.

I have a lot of support, for which I'm grateful. I just want to get the surgery done, but so far I'm still on a waiting list and that could take up to a year, maybe by the end of this year if I'm lucky.

I told my doc I want to start yoga & because I'm off again I can look into the free yoga classes at my gym. They were moving and I didn't get charged Mar 1, so not sure if they're back in business or not. When they are I'll talk to the yoga instructor to see if I'm eligible to join. At least it means I'll get some low impact stretches in & it's included in my monthly fee, too.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi again Deb. I'm glad he's feeling better. Hopefully the tenderness will start fading away very soon. Bet he will like the veggies & pears. Angie LOVES green beans & peas, she really surprised me with that.

Good luck with Didi tomorrow, hope it all goes well & can be all cleared up soon.

Your doc sounds wonderful, very caring and really knows you. Is the right shoulder getting as painful as the left that has all the damage?

I'm glad you're on the waiting list for the ankle surgery. Hopefully someone can cancel so you can get in without having to wait until the end of the yr or longer.

Would be great if you can get some free yoga classes to help you with low impact stretches so that you're getting a little bit of exercise without overdoing it on the real painful areas. Good luck with everything you have going on. :wink:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks Diane, it's always great to get the support from you and everyone else, too, makes me feel better.

I forgot to post a few pictures I took over the last few days.

Leo still hasn't decided if he wants to be awake or asleep, but did catch him like this:

And when I went to pick up collard greens at Walmart, I found this pillow and couldn't resist it, it was so inexpensive and it does calm me down, especially when I think of Eric :roll:

And here's a pic of Puff:

Here are the pictures I took of what Lonzo's belly looks like when he black beards. He might be 11 years old, but he's still got lots of juice in him :lol:

In this picture you can see that dark grey goes right down to his knees, every time:

So here are some pictures I took today:
Rubio after moving himself to his pillow, first time he's moved in a week :D Still black bearding though, hopefully that will go away soon.

"Hey Mom, whatcha doin? Make sure you get the right side, k? I'm so beautiful..." :lol: :roll:

Puff really enjoys her pillow, which used to belong to Sweetie, so it's great to see it being used again :D

Lonzo half asleep:

A picture of Rocco with his fat belly, he's been eating lots lately, guess it's spring :lol:
my hand wasn't too steady, sorry.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Leo is such a cutie. I'm so afraid for when brumation hits my bunch though Sorin might escape it as he'll only be one and a half when next winter hits.

If the pillow works, then why not right?

Puff is such a pretty little lady. I'm glad that Sweetie's pillow has found another beardie in need of one and that Puff enjoys it.

Jesus, and I thought Jace got black when he was upset. Never his entire body! That's actually kind of cool. Is Lonzo the only one in your crew who gets that dark overall?

Rubio does look better. :D

Rocco is so gold! The gold geckos they had at Petco were more of a dungy brown color.

Glad to see everyone is doing well on your end. :) Things are looking up.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Liz, isn't that pillow cool and it works, every time I look at it I calm down. And in this household it was needed!

Yes, Rocco is really gold, especially his tail & tummy. His back is more a golden brown and his head & feet/hands are grey, but that's what their colours should be. Don't know about the ones you've seen, could be they're not getting enough misting or food. Not sure.

Rubio get another shot now and then I'm off to the vet with his divaness Didi to have his mouth checked out, should be interesting and I think I'm going to be giving him more shots to get rid of the rest of the abcess as I think it's growing back in his mouth. We'll see.

Puff is a sweetie, she would puff her beard at me every time I'd get near her, but now, if I rub her beard & tell her how pretty she is, she brings out all her pretty peach colours :D

And yes, Lonzo is the only beardie I've ever come across that gets that black. And every time he black beards is the same. Quite awesome, isn't he :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
So Didi now has to take shots, too, weaker than Rubio but just to get rid of the rest of the crust on the outside of his lip & the start inside his mouth. So he shouldn't have to go back to the vet, which is good. She also prescribed an antibiotic gel that I put on him twice a day. So we'll see how that goes.

Rubio had his 2nd shot today and took it really well. I got all his supplements into him, too, and more food. I also bought some Echinacea drops (alcohol free) that I'll give him tomorrow. One thing he really loves is Serrepeptase, he just laps it up & I can tell he feels better afterwards.

So my boys are healing & I'm so hoping this all works for Rubio, I couldn't stand it if anything happened to him.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Deb, hope the shots kick in quickly so it can be totally gone. You sure have your hands full with both of them getting shots now.

Rubio is such a good boy taking his shots so well. Great that he got all of his supplements and loves the Serrapeptase too and that it is helping him.

Yes, they are healing, thoughts & prayers continue.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Both of them take their shots well, I've very grateful for that. Diane, if you look up a bit further, you'll see pictures of my healthy boys & girl. I'm also grateful that they're good and healthy & except for that spot in & on his mouth, Didi is healthy, too :D

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I tried to view the video Deb but it said it was unavailable, darn it. Glad you got to see it though. He must be getting big.

I missed the pictures, will have to take a look now. Glad to hear that Didi is fine & healthy except for that little area.

Great pictures as always. Leo is just so adorable, love his coloring, glad he woke up some for you.

Love the pillow, glad that it makes you feel better too.

Puff looks so good and very content. Great that she's enjoying the pillow that Sweetie loved so much too.

WOW, Lonzo sure can darken up. Looks like he's on hormone overload. :lol: Have never seen a male get dark all the way to his knees. :roll:

Rubio does look better especially his eyes. Hope the dark beard & chest fade away soon so you know he is for sure feeling better.

Gabriel still looks very full of it. He's quite the manly man. :D

I didn't realize how yellow Rocco was, he's gorgeous.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks for looking, Diane, guess you have to "friend" Tara to see the video, oh well. At least I know he's being well cared for, even if I can't see him. I'm going to call Eric later and try to make peace with him, see how that goes. And if he sqwacks that I never call him, I'll point out that he was really angry and told me he was done...I seem to always be in the middle of "Tara's drama" as my mom calls it.

I'm glad you enjoyed the pics, with 2 on meds, it's nice to have 4 that aren't. And isn't Rocco the cutest? He's gained some weight so looks much better. I didn't feed them last night as I don't want them to get too fat! Bunny is getting bigger every day!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm just glad that you were able to see the video of Leo crawling. Hope Eric has a good attitude when you call him, good luck with that. Time for them to get over their drama.

Yes, Rocco is adorable. Guess they both like to eat. You'll have to post a picture of Bunny when you get a chance, is she quite yellow too?

babyheartthrob

Hatchling Member
I'm glad to hear Rubio's feeling better. Hopefully this will get him all better :). And that Diva Didi's mouth heals quickly.

Love the photos :D The pillow is perfect. Glad the others are doing well.

Goodness look at Lonzo go, I love it. He's showing us he's still got it :wink:. You saw the pic of Harry, Lonzo has got him beat by a mile 8).

Puff is such a pretty girl and she knows it :lol:.

Hopefully Eric will listen when you call and not let Tara keep you out of their lives. Leo needs his grandma :D

Lots of hugs and prayers for y'all :)

Sabrina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseSkull
Top Bottom