Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I understand that, Deb. Total relief that they've been found.

Happy New Year to you, Deb and your reptile kids from Bill, Lori, Rosie (even tho she's still asleep), and Lil Squirt.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
One thing about new parents, Deb, is that they will often need a break. If nothing else changes Tara's heart, this might very well do the trick. Free babysitting! I wish you and yours a very Happy New Year! :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks for the good wishes, yes, I'm really hoping that I'll be able to have a part of my grandchild's life. She's only 2 mo along, so won't do too much wishing yet, wait until she's 5 mo along & hope the misunderstanding has gone. It's going to be fun when the time comes!

I took some pics of Gabriel & Lonzo, they were the only ones up today. Leo is awake but in his hide and won't come out. At one point all I could see was an eye looking out, the rest of him was totally hidden, cracked me up :lol:

And I forgot a couple of pics of Bunny this am before she went to bed:
001-28.jpg

002-29.jpg

Gabriel & Lonzo kept their eye on each other today. Lonzo likes to stay in his tank on his "blue things" (bamboo towel & facecloth my sis gave me years ago), but Gabriel was all over the place:
Lonzo keeping an eye on Gabriel "what is he looking at me for, here's a black beard for you, buster! :lol:
004-29.jpg

"I'm just minding my own buisness, old man" - Gabriel underneath Lonzo's tank :lol: This went on for most of the day
005-28.jpg

Then Gabriel discovered Lonzo's old log that I've got on the floor:
"Hey mom, check this out!"
007-28.jpg

"I like this log"
006-25.jpg

"I think I'll just stay here"
009-24.jpg

010-19.jpg

Meanwhile Lonzo couldn't see Gabriel anymore "Where did that little whippersnapper get to anyway?"
011-20.jpg

Next door to Lonzo, I caught Leo looking out, just an eye, spooky!
003-29.jpg

So that was how I spend New Year's eve. Also baking cinnamon buns for my nieces & a few for my nephews.

Hope everyone has a safe New Year's Eve, too.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
sweetiepie9":249dbvzv said:
And I forgot a couple of pics of Bunny this am before she went to bed:
Bunny: "I shall climb dis wall, reach the top, den climb it again!" "Wahaha!" :p Too cute! :D
Lonzo keeping an eye on Gabriel "what is he looking at me for, here's a black beard for you, buster!
Honest to goodness Deb! I love your boys, but if I woke up to that look, I'd sleep with one eye open! :shock:
"I think I'll just stay here"
Gabriel: "S'mine!" :lol:
Next door to Lonzo, I caught Leo looking out, just an eye, spooky!
Deb! Deb! Do you see!!? Leo's sleeping with one eye open too! :p

Nice photo's. It's always a treat see awake babes at this time of year :D

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Happy New Year Deb!! I hope you and your boys have a very safe and fun time celebrating tonight. I loved all the pictures from today, Gabriel has gotten so big, he looks incredible!

-Kaleen

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Gabriel just looks big, he's 18" long and almost 500 grams, Rubio on the other hand is 22" long & 800g, but he's sound asleep, though, so I can't do a comparison. Gabriel is unusual because of his extra long snout, has anyone ever seen a beardie with that type of shaped head? He caught my attention the minute I saw him, besides the fact that he was covered in ground in sand, skinny and stinky, but that head was so looong. It was even longer back then because he was only 280g. He's such a handsome beardie and before when I was trying to get him to bed, he kept climbing my arm, then dug himself into my shoulder and wouldn't let go, ahhhh, it was hard to get him back to bed so I could get over to my nephews. But I finally did settle him down with lots of hugs and kisses and made my way here. So far we've watched "ParaNorman", the "Brave" and all 3 boys (my oldest nephew Cold has his friend Adam over) watched it and enjoyed it, even had alot of comments to make about it!

So now it's 11:45 here on the Pacific Coast and they're all still up because we're going to shout in the New Year, then I have to get the youngest, Ryder, who's 6, to bed!! Well that should be interesting :lol: .

Thanks again, for all your good wishes, for enjoying my babies & hope you had, or are having, a wonderful New Year's Eve. HERE'S TO A GREAT 2013!
Deb

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks Gina, what a lovely card you sent.

I had a surprise today, Tara and Bella invited me in when I picked up Eric & they came to my parents to announce their engagement and her pregnancy. And that all went very well. I was so surprised to be invited into their home & it was as if nothing had happened, for which I was very glad. I'm taking a day off Jan 16 to help them move to their new place, a bottom duplex with much more room than they have now, in a very quiet area close to a big shopping mall & much closer to her parents. Her mom has a car now, so can get Tara around as she needs, which is great. So it was a very good night. We had a birthday celebration for Eric, too, he was 29 last week, so that was great. The only people missing were my sister & b-i-l & my oldest niece Tehya, who is in Cambodia with her boyfriend Cole. They're hoping to stay in that area of the world until March at least.

Now I'm home and have Bunny out, she's hiding on my stack of post-its on my stationary shelf, her favourite place to hide while I"m on the computer!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
That so much, I so agree, after 9 mo of no contact with Tara and being told alot of nonsense it was great to be on good terms again. She's thrilled to be pregnant, it's Eric that's got the hormone dose, he can get very short-tempered, guess it's that male ego thing that's kicking in! It still hasn't sunk in that I'm going to be a grandmother & I think she's further along than she thinks, she's going to the doc on Jan 7, so she'll have a better idea then & will probably have an ultra-sound. The nicest thing is that she's lost 60 lbs and it really shows. So good for her health. She's still heavy, but not near as bad as before.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Well I just got a nice surprise. I had ordered Calendar B from Cafe Press in Nov for Jake, paid for it and got it in the mail b4 Christmas, wrapped it up & gave it to him on Christmas Eve. Then last week I got a notice to pick up a package, so went over, found out it was another Calendar B, so called Cafe Press and was told I don't have to pay for it, it was their mistake and enjoy! So as I was going to buy a calendar anyway, this is just great news! So Merry Christmas to me!

Had Bunny out the last couple of nights and she's eating Repashy that I offer her, so that's also good news. And today all my boys were up :D Didi and Leo had baths & poop, Rubio even woke up when I tried to feed him water, so got Rubio snuggles, felt so good. He's actually gained weight, he's up to 826g. Isn't that just like Rubio to gain weight while sleeping :lol: He's now tucked up again, but Didi and Leo have decided to stay up, not sure for how long. Lonzo and Gabriel are up as usual. So it was a full house this am!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow, that's great that you received another calendar at absolutely no cost to you! Now that's a very nice surprise indeed.

I'm sure you were just tickled pink to have all of your boys up today. What a treat to have snuggles from Rubio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom