Nasty Juvenile Dragon

SabrinaRose1220

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mario
In June I got a baby bearded dragon from Petsmart. I am feeding him between 10-15 dubia roaches 3 times a day. We have had him now over a month and he’s really nasty. We have never been able to handle him because he runs and glass surfs when we try to handle him. In the past few weeks, if we put our hand in the cage he lunges at us and tries to bites us which he has been successful a few times biting us.. I got him for my 7 year old so he can could have a pet to sit on his shirt and hang out but so far this has been a nightmare. Any help or suggestions on how to get him to be friendly?

SabrinaRose1220

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mario
I cant see the screen and your tank looks really nice--- if your screen is a fine mesh like a screen door please put the UVB either inside the tank or unobstructed -- place a piece of decor 12-15 inches directly under it - if your screen is a wide hole type you can leave on top but distance needs to be 8-10 inches directly above the basking decor piece -- I would move the tree in the center you have a put the log there but you need the distance to be correct -- are you getting a surface basking temp off the hammock w/ a probe?
Yes a probe in the cage and I have a digital spot thermometer to make sure the probe is accurate. I will move the log to where the tree is - I will take a pic of the top and post too - thank you so much for all your help!

SabrinaRose1220

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mario
Yes a probe in the cage and I have a digital spot thermometer to make sure the probe is accurate. I will move the log to where the tree is - I will take a pic of the top and post too - thank you so much for all your help!

Attachments

• 140455A2-B589-4CB4-8F61-0F76E8DC18CE.jpeg
    140455A2-B589-4CB4-8F61-0F76E8DC18CE.jpeg
    315 KB · Views: 85
  • 0EC7CD8F-DAE8-4059-BF3D-F13B5BC5067F.jpeg
    0EC7CD8F-DAE8-4059-BF3D-F13B5BC5067F.jpeg
    300.8 KB · Views: 68

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so that is a wider hole type -- please use the 8-10 inches directly above a piece of basking decor -- you can get a fleece blanket or a piece of clothing w/ your scent on it and place in the hide - it will get him used to your smell --- work w/ him every day approaching from side not over head he will think your a predator - hand feed him treat worms like super or horn worms - you want him hand tamed -- your UVB and basking temps are going to help --

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom