My Rescue..."Stumpy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
What are the temps for his basking spot and cool spot? The Reptisuns do not generate much heat and is it the long tube or one of the coil types? The tubes are excellent, the coils of any brand can cause severe damage to the eyes and have killed some dragons. If it is a coil, get rid of it now! He'll be better without it until you can get a tube set up. As far as temps, go for 80 on the cool side, 105-110 on the basking spot, no cooler than 70 over night. The dial thermometers are not accurate, can be 20 degrees off, a temp gun is the best way to get an accurate temp. He may not be warm enough to digest the food properly, and needs the warmth with together with adequate fluids and warm baths to help pass any possible impaction. And be warned, people here do happy poopy dances when a belated poop passes!

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
The temps are good....80 and 105. I have the reptisun 10 linear bulb and a basking bulb for him.He is on tile. I have my other beardie and have never had any problems with him.....Im in Florida and the house is always at 70 during the night...I don't know I guess I'll just wait and see. In the meantime I will practice my poopie dance :mrgreen:

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
It sounds like you're right on track with the husbandry, so my worst fears are calmed. :laughing6: Sometimes it's just a matter of wait and see! :roll: I've got a real good poopy dance ready, too! :wink:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What a little cutie pie he is! That is great you rescued him out of that situation.
Good that you have the Reptisun 10 flourescent tube bulb. Make sure you have it 6-8 inches away with a bright white basking light directly beside it, too.
Start slowly with the protein for him since he has not been fed properly, his tummy wont be used to it. I would give extra oral fluids & greens & veggies with small amounts of protein for a few days, until he starts having regular stools & you are sure that he is not impacted.
Once he starts having normal stools, then, you can give him more protein. If he is dehydrated you want to make sure his kidneys are working optimally before getting too much food into him.
Those are great pictures of him, too. :D

Tracie

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
oK I just did my "Poopy Dance"....Stumpy must have been impacted cause it was a doozy...that thing was almost half his size. I came home and took him out for a bit and put him in some warm water and 10 minutes later..TADA!

Figured I would throw Max in also and he did the same!
Quick question...if I do this everyday when I get home..Can I put them in a little warm water so they can do their biz in the water and not in their vivs...is it ok to put them in water daily or skip a day?

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
You can bathe them every day for sure. It makes cleanup a lot easier, and it helps to keep them hydrated. Now for the important part...

HAPPY POO DANCE!!!
action-smiley-078.gif

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
As long as they don't get fussy about baths when they really need them, :roll: I don't see anything wrong with it. Warm and dry them well after a bath, then a good snack, they may come to believe bathtime is the best part of the day! :love5:

And the promised Happy Poo Dance...

:blob5: :blob8: We're dancing for Stumpy :blob8: :blob5:
:blob8: :laughing6: :blob5: We're dancing, yes, we doo!!!!! :blob5: :laughing6: :blob8:
:blob5: :headbang: :blob8: :blob5: :headbang: :blob8: We're dancing for Stumpy :blob8: :headbang: :blob5: :blob8: :headbang: :blob5:
:blob8: :blob8: :blob8: And his Lumpy, Bumpy POO!!!!! :blob5: :blob5: :blob5:
:blob8: :headbang: :blob5: :blob8: :laughing6: :blob8: :blob5: :headbang: :blob5: :blob8: :laughing6: :blob8: :blob5: :headbang: :blob5: :blob8: :laughing6: :blob8: :blob5: :headbang: :blob8:
Way to go, Stumpy!!!!!
:love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom