My new baby is here with pics :) Update 19/01/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracosmommy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Kaleen, Kristen, everybody:
I am so excited!!!! :blob5: Echo just walked onto my hand all by herself!!!! WOW!! I love it, she's starting to trust me just a wee bit. :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :headbang: :laughing6: She didn't stay long but hey I'm fine with the progress!!! :mrgreen: Will try to get some more pictures of her. Gee you would think I'm 5 yrs old the way I'm acting instead of 54. :roll: Just a question, when they are babies, do they sleep a lot? She comes out to eat, stays a bit, then goes back in her hidey. Is this something I should be concerned about?? I'm probably just worrying too much like I did with Draco. Mommy nerves! :mrgreen:

Dracosmommy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh oh oh oh! Echo let my stroke her head!!!!! :mrgreen: Im going to get some more pictures of her tonight.
Echo001.jpg

Echo002.jpg

Yeah I picked her up and she poo's on me. :roll: She also squeaked at me, toooo cute!! :mrgreen: Sorry they're a little out of focus. Hard to hold her while taking pictures at the same time. I think she's grown too! :blob5:

ks85

YAY! Echo looks great, and congrats on the handling going so well :) Shes very pretty and yes looks like shes starting to grow! Leopard Geckos are nocturnal, so yeah some of them like to hide a lot. What kind of lighting do you have on her tank? All I use is a dome lamp with a red heat bulb. the red light is invisible to them. :D

Dracosmommy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ks85":38opyzj7 said:
YAY! Echo looks great, and congrats on the handling going so well :) Shes very pretty and yes looks like shes starting to grow! Leopard Geckos are nocturnal, so yeah some of them like to hide a lot. What kind of lighting do you have on her tank? All I use is a dome lamp with a red heat bulb. the red light is invisible to them. :D
Thanks Kristen. I thought she's grown. :mrgreen: Her tail looks like it's just starting to plump out too. Just slightly. I have her on a UTH which is on all the time on one side of the tank and a red light at night on the cool side if it gets too cold. She has a really good appetite too. I think she's going to be a little monkey though. Last night she squeaked at me. :lol: Took me by surprise cause I forgot they do that. Guess I'm use to Draco. :mrgreen: Didn't enjoy being poo'd on though!! :roll:

Dracosmommy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
FranktheTank":2nwdrq4v said:
What does the squeaking mean? Is it like a beardie black bearding, or a creamy white belly?

-Kaleen
Yeah she didn't want me to pick her up so she squeaked at me. I guess it would be the equivalent of a beardie black bearding. It's the cutest sound though!! She's only done it once. :mrgreen:

Dracosmommy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
What gives with the little tail wag when she's hunting down crickets. :mrgreen: She'll stand there staring down a cricket and just the tip of her tail wags just a little bit quickly. Then she nabs the cricket. It is such a cute thing. Do all gecko's do this?? I can't even get a picture cause you wouldn't see it anyways. :lol:

Dracosmommy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Got some new shots of Echo. She's growing like a weed!!
Echo001.jpg

Echo003.jpg

Echo002.jpg

Echo004.jpg

Echo005.jpg

Echo006.jpg

Echo007.jpg

Echo008.jpg

Echo009.jpg

Echo010.jpg

Echo011.jpg

She's eating upward of 5 to 6 crickets now and a mealie every second or third day. I think she is going to start a shed cause her colours are starting to dull.

HaleyMaree

Gray-bearded Member
She looks great! Do they have claws? What does it feel like on your hands like when they walk on them?

~Haley

Dracosmommy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
HaleyMaree":22ksch52 said:
She looks great! Do they have claws? What does it feel like on your hands like when they walk on them?

~Haley
Thanks Haley. No she doesn't have claws come the think of it. She's very soft skinned all over compared to Draco. It does feel like the belly of a beardie when they walk on you without claws. Now maybe she's just so tiny and I can't feel the nails yet. I am going to have to look now. :mrgreen: She is getting tamer (<-if that's a word) now. She won't really walk onto my hand but I can scoop her up and put her there. She squirms a little then settles down and lets me stroke her head. I love watching her hunt crickets with that little tail tip shake she does. She looks like a rattlesnake when she does it. It's just before she nabs the cricket, shakes the tip really fast. It's sooooooo funny. Does anyone else with geckos have this happen?? :laughhard:

Dracosmommy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh boy is she shedding. She looks like a snake!! Poor darling. :shock:
gecko002-1.jpg

gecko001-1.jpg

Earlier today she was in a full body shed. She doesn't seem interested in her moist hidey though. She sheds a lot faster than Draco. 24 hrs and it's over. Wow! :) She looks like she's wearing a glove in the one picture. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom