My beardie wont bask??

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a spot for her at the right temperatures and everything but she refuses to sit up there. Her color is really dark and she has stress marks on her stomach. We put her up there but she just keeps hopping down. Can anyone help?

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
Even though there are recommended temps out there for basking surfaces, some beardies are just plain picky and don't like it above a certain temp. (My adult mopes and refuses to bask if his basking surface is above 104*F, lol :roll:)
You could try decreasing the temps by a few degrees to see if your little lady basks then. You can lower her basking spot or raise the lamp to lower temperatures if you don't have a dimmer. Obviously the warmer the better, but as long as it's above 95-98*F which is the temp they need to digest their food, whatever basking surface temperature she decides on should be fine! :)

IzzyLizard

Original Poster
The only thing is the temperatures haven't changed and she's been basking fine up until now, we got a new branch so.she cansit closer or farther if she wants, she still wont

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
Oh! Hmm. Sneaky dragon. Maybe she's weirded out by the new "furniture" in her viv? I've heard sometimes younger beardies can take a bit to get used to changes like that. :study:

Nova1014

Hatchling Member
How are her eating and sleeping habits? A lot of dragons go into whats called "brumation" this type of year. Its pretty much dragon hibernation, but more often than not they would rather nap on the cool side of the cage.

Nova1014

Hatchling Member
IzzyLizard":1v43dhee said:
Bt she's only 5 months x.x j thought they didn't go into brumation that early?

My girl just turned 6 months and she is starting.. it depends on the dragon. Its not very common to start that early, but some do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom