My beardie tattoo in progress- Final Pics!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Hi everyone!

So for my 3rd tattoo I decided to go with a bearded dragon. I wasn't really sure what exactly or where, so I left a lot of that up to my tattoo artist. What he came up with was absolutely gorgeous! He did a lot of research himself on their habitat and referenced photos of my 3 and others. I went in last night and got a lot of line work and shading done. Hopefully next week I'll be going back in for more shading and to start the coloring :)

Colors and the pattern are based off my girl Scully
2013-04-05_21-23-34_593_zps140484fc.jpg

2013-04-05_21-23-17_345_zps599ed665.jpg

Will update again after next session!

Spoony

Sub-Adult Member
Awesome!! Man it looks like it's gonna turn out really beautifully. Can't wait to see the final product!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Went in tonight to get the flowers colored. Took about 2 and a half hours but man they came out more amazing than I thought they would! Also hurt more than I was expecting. Lots of fine detail means a smaller needle which stings a lot! I brought Scully into the shop with me and she got loved up by a couple of the artists. She was quite interested in everything that was going on, but she did conk out in my sweater eventually ;)

Going back in next Tuesday and hopefully knock that cactus out. :)

SkeptiBee

Hatchling Member
This is so freakin amazing! The artist is doing an outstanding job with the details. How much did you pay for it?

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
SkeptiBee":1dnppdg2 said:
This is so freakin amazing! The artist is doing an outstanding job with the details. How much did you pay for it?
Haha, for which night? ;) We do it on a per session basis and I'm about $500 in right now. Once we're all said and done I'm guessing it'll be about a grand. Considering it's size and level of detail I think it's more than worth it though!

Jaskotch

Juvie Member
Agreed, I would've guessed more than that, even. Custom design, wow. He should give you a little break in exchange for the advertising he's going to want you to do for him :)

SkeptiBee

Hatchling Member
JenFid":2guwtc6x said:
Haha, for which night? ;) We do it on a per session basis and I'm about $500 in right now. Once we're all said and done I'm guessing it'll be about a grand. Considering it's size and level of detail I think it's more than worth it though!

I agree with you as we'll! I was thinking it would be a lot more too, around $1500 or so. To be frank, its worth it paying more especially when it comes to tattoos. The difference between a $50 tat versus a $1000 dollar... No contest for something so permanent.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Jaskotch":awpudcr4 said:
Agreed, I would've guessed more than that, even. Custom design, wow. He should give you a little break in exchange for the advertising he's going to want you to do for him :)
Heh, he's already asked if I'd be interested in going to an expo with their shop in Sept and entering a couple contests if this comes out the way he thinks it will. I said absolutely!

SkeptiBee":awpudcr4 said:
JenFid":awpudcr4 said:

I agree with you as we'll! I was thinking it would be a lot more too, around $1500 or so. To be frank, its worth it paying more especially when it comes to tattoos. The difference between a $50 tat versus a $1000 dollar... No contest for something so permanent.
So true! I figure the cactus will be another couple hours or one session, so the deciding factor will really be the dragon. I think he said he's planning on doing individual scales, so that could take a *long* time.

wolfysluv":awpudcr4 said:
Woooooow!!!!
when its done can i put the pic with you credited on my fb?
Yes definitely! You'll have to mention the shop name/location in your post (if you know anyone in MN that is), gotta spread the love for my amazing artist ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom