My beardie can’t Poop Help !

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardiMeathead

I woke up this morning to see my dragon very down and pale I was concerned when I saw him so I gently attempted to pick him up and he seemed to be in pain so I looked at his rear end and he has poop stuck there as well with a small yellow ball and I’ve seen him try multiple time to push it out but he stops and closes his eyes and lays there something is wrong help !
102866-171149290.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, try soaking him in warm water, dissolve a bunch of sugar in it first. If there is inflammation it can draw it out. The warm water can help him to poo as well.

BTW, the picture is very unclear, can you get a better pic ? What has he been eating and what are the temps. in his cage ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Thanks for starting your own thread, we appreciate it.
Please try & get a few more pictures for us, it would help out.
How old is your dragon?

Tracie

BeardiMeathead

Original Poster
I Put him in warm water and let him sit there for a couple minutes and dried him off and put him back and I woke up this morning I saw him open his mouth and close it and then he just stopped moving I picked him up and he feels Lifeless Guys I think he passed help me make shure I don’t wanna put him in a box with the possibility he’s alive still :( and I just put him down and he opened his mouth and closed it idk what’s going on is that a reaction that can still happen after death ?...

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh dear, so you think that he has passed?
Do you see any breathing at all from him? Is his beard darkened?
Try placing him in a warm bath to see if you get any type of response. You will be able to see
whether or not he has any signs of life left in him.

Let us know how things are going.
Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
If you suspect she's dead , a vet , any vet , will be able to check for signs of life using a doppler ultrasound ( blood flow will indicate a heart beat ).

Clearer photo will be good but is not a high priority now since he's at the very in need of urgent intensive care from a reptile vet./

I think the problem is the dragon has produced a Lizard Cystic Calculi, I saw this in my very elderly rescued water skink in her last 6 months on several occasions - presented as firmish yellow "stones" that she found very hard to pass , which dried rock hard .
https://en.wikivet.net/Lizard_Cystic_Calculi
It's a symptom of poor metabolisation of uric acid precursors the diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom