My beardie Atlas' eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great you have been able to get him to drink some. If his urates are somewhat tinted but
softer then it may just be foods that he is eating, etc. Their urates are not always perfectly white
in color.
I hope he continues to improve. Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

wendysn63

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well like I say he is responsive like when we look in on him and call his name he responds with "the look", if you will but all he wants to do is sleep. Is it possible that he wants to brumate? We have read Denise Bushnells (i believe) article on brumation and it appears that a lot of his actions seem to be what she has listed. If so, wouldn't the vet have been able to see that. I think her raeson for bringing up the atanedo was based on how he didn't act but I can't be sure. She thought him to appear to be in a depressive state?

wendysn63

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello,
Well Atlas hasn't shown a lot of change really, he is still just sleepy all day. He moves a little bit here and there but it isn't very far that he moves to. He did poop again today and it didn't smell as bad as it did when we suspected the parasite issue maybe the paste regimine heoped that out yet he still has another three doses to go in the next coupe of weeks. We just really want him to be his "Atlas" self again. We are still awaiting the atadeno virus results.

wendysn63

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Such great news today, Atlas tested negative for the virus. We are so grateful and thankful to those of you out there who have been supportive. We are now going to have his blood drawn Monday to see what might be ailing him at this point unless anyone out there can confirm our suspisions of him brumating?

johnti

Hi, I am very much an amateur and I have (until just now) just used this site to research and learn about beardies via other folks posts and experiences. I came across this thread and have been following along with your updates. Very happy to see that Atlas got clean results back, and I'd like to lend my experience to maybe ease your mind at times. I cant recall if you posted his age, or if you know, but one of my rescues Zuko is around 3 years and recently (past few couple months) he gets a little moody and just has some sleepy days. Some in his cave, others times in warm-ish spots near his bask. He never paid any attention to the cave prior really but now he likes to just 'veg out' for sometimes a couple days, and since he doesn't use any energy or get much bask time so he tends to turn his nose up to bugs and shut his eyes however will eventually go up and grub on some salad or his favorite little pellets(I still feed him along with the squad every morning) and then want to come out and explore all the same as before. Heres to hoping that maybe your little mans is just a bit groggy from his eye irritant, and starting to do some of these little half brumates? Best of luck, I've got a beardie-bleeding heart and tend to get attached to y'alls friends quite easily :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is good news he tested negative for Adeno then. How is he doing today?
It is highly probable that he is brumating since he really has not lost any weight right now
& isn't acting stressed or ill. Brumation is often hard to determine especially if you aren't
used to looking for that behavior.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

wendysn63

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well Atlas is still sleepy/sleeping and today his beard is black all the way down to his chest. We are still very worried for him. Obviously something is not right.?.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What is going on w/ him? I am concerned -- Tracie needs to help here

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Good grief, he is in distress. Can you get him back to the vet? Not sure what could be going on
with him, possible kidney or liver issues. I forget, have you had a blood test done on him?
Try to get some oral fluids into him, if at all possible, several times per day.

Please let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

wendysn63

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
R.I.P. Atlas
We were going to take him in for the blood work this morning but there is no need any longer.
Our hearts are broken. We are both so sad. So many questions run through our mind.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
:cry: I am so sorry about him to hear this --- so hard to figure out what is going on w/ them -- again I am sorry :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry you lost little Atlas, that is awful. :cry:
Did you get the blood test results back, or did you have a chance to get his blood test done?
Since this was somewhat sudden, I would say that it is likely organ issues.
My condolences to you.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I truly believe there was an underlying issue somehow, that was missed. However, it is very
hard to determine underlying health problems, especially if it is due to genetic problems.
I hope you are doing ok.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom