My beardie Atlas' eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am glad to hear that his eye seems to be getting better. If he is losing some weight, it is
possible that due to the stress from his eye issues that it has caused him to have elevated
worm or parasite counts. It definitely couldn't hurt to get a fecal done on him.
Is he eating very much right now?

Tracie

wendysn63

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
At this point he is not eating anything at all other than when we feed him and we have started feeding him with the syringe two days ago. He did poop in the tub finally but I'm not going to be able to use that for a fecal. We also noticed today he seems to be hobbling or limping he's just laying around and sleeping a lot. If he has injured a limb it must have been in his cage of which he doesn't have a lot to injure himself on but I guess it's possible.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Are you using a hammock in the tank? Try and get a fecal -- feed him some canned pumpkin that will make him go to the bathroom

wendysn63

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He does not have a hammock. I can get him to drink water from the spray bottle and he's drank a lot yet I don't see enough urate either?

wendysn63

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Like I say though he did let some waste go in the tub unfortunately it was in the tub but at least he went. I guess now my concern is why he just lays in one position and his walk or crawl is as though something is hurt

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so get some canned pumpkin into him -- get a fecal in as soon as you can--- call your vet a reptile vet www.arav.org take that in and I would make an appt for him as well -- something is going on w/ him ---- please post pics of him and his tank set up- -- if you have gotten the UVB and basking temps corrected w / him something else is going on --- parasites need to be ruled out --- they will cause the behavior hes demonstrating -- NO ENEMAS ----- you want that fecal taken in --- drop it off if he cant get in as well ---- they can do the test w / out him there

wendysn63

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That's exactly what I'm going to do. I'm trying to load a pic of him in and of his tank... I think my phone or service is tripping me up though

wendysn63

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That's exactly what I'm going to do. I'm trying to load a pic of him in and of his tank... I think my phone or service is tripping me up though

wendysn63

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
110610-6853912342.jpg
This is how he has been spending his time for the last four or five days unless we take him out to eat or to have him drink plus, I still rinse his eye.

wendysn63

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
110610-7980554793.jpg
This is earlier after his bath and when we noticed his strange walking behavior. I guess if his tummy aches he might walk funny? I mean I do.?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Not sure-- are or have you weighed him? Do you know if he's losing weight? That would be a sign of parasites as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom