My bearded dragon Bud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krystallinnie

Original Poster
Haven’t heard anything from the vet they said he was in surgery and that he’d give me a call when he’s out. Yes I did. He hasn’t threw up since this morning

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor Bud, he does look pretty weak. He's big for 4 months so you've taken great care of him. You're trying to do everything right so that's commendable ! When he had pneumonia, do you know what might have caused it ? Was he gaping, coughing etc ? What med. was he on and for how long ?

Krystallinnie

Original Poster
Not sure what caused it. We started seeing him open his mouth In mid February and asked the people at the pet store if it was normal she said yes. Shouldn’t have listened to her. He then started making a weird noise so I took him to the vet March 10 He stood at the vet overnight on oxygen and when I got him the next morning and she gave me baytril and to give him 0.03 ml once a day for 14 days took him back to her the next day she said there was nothing else she could do. today was the last day taking it but he hasn’t been opening his mouth or making any noises since March 17. I took him to the new vet March 19,20 he told me he didn’t have pneumonia anymore everything looked good..But he did a fecal test Because he still wasn’t eating and his poop was green and results were in today but he never called to let me now what they were. Sorry if I’m confusing you guys I’m looking at all the vet papers and trying to remember everything I was told

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
No, you're not confusing us that was helpful. Baytril will very often cause loss of appetite so that's one reason for sure. Hopefully the Benebac will help Bud. Blood in the poo may be parasites but hopefully it's just a one time thing, it looked like it was just a very small amount. Hopefully now that he's off the meds. he'll get his appetite back. Give it some time and keep him hydrated.

Krystallinnie

Original Poster
So the vet called me this morning with his fecal test result he said it showed yeast But he said my the blood and the poop being green it’s his liver he also said if he poops blood again today to put him down :(

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am sorry to hear this --- hopefully this does not happen w/ the bloody stool
Karrie

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
There are many here that know better than me, but I'm wondering if some plain soy yogurt wouldn't help the yeast and tummy issue. ?
I know it's used to boost the good flora in the digestive system.
I'd certainly consider it.
Anyone have thought on this?
-Dee

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Soy yogurt couldn't hurt but Bud is already on Benebac. I would still give him a chance at least for a while. Green poo is common if the dragon was eating greens like Bud was eating.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
AHBD":2bhji9nl said:
Soy yogurt couldn't hurt but Bud is already on Benebac. I would still give him a chance at least for a while. Green poo is common if the dragon was eating greens like Bud was eating.
Being a newb, I'm not up on the meds or what they do but if it was my boy, I'd be trying anything that might help. I'm guessing that med is used for same reason as yogurt would be?
Thanks for helping this newb too. ?
-Dee

Krystallinnie

Original Poster
Yeah I’m willing to try anything for him. The vet called again and said he talked with another vet and told me to get a baby food of turkey and mix it with a little water and give it to him. Do you guys think it’s a good idea? He also said to give him the benebac 2 a day now. When he pooped this morning did see a little blood but not as much as yesterday it was more brown.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Krystallinnie":1dfgg0fz said:
Yeah I’m willing to try anything for him. The vet called again and said he talked with another vet and told me to get a baby food of turkey and mix it with a little water and give it to him. Do you guys think it’s a good idea? He also said to give him the benebac 2 a day now. When he pooped this morning did see a little blood but not as much as yesterday it was more brown.
I'll let someone else give advice for you, they know more. I've seen several use baby food for various things. Get the organic if possible.
But less issue in poo sounds like a blessing. ? Hang in there.
-Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rollerboy
Top Bottom