My 4yr old male beardies is biting, walking weird,breathing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your boy doing tonight?
If you are using the regular T8 Reptisun 10 tube then it would be much more effective if you
have it placed underneath the screen for better UVB. Once you upgrade to the T5, then you
could place it on top of the screen. I would place the tube bulb more towards one end of the
tank centered above the basking area, alongside of the basking light. This helps to create a
UVB + Heat in one location so that they have an area on the other end of the tank where they
can retreat out of heat & UVB.
Sometimes it takes awhile for them to show any health problems. They are usually becoming
pretty ill by the time they start showing symptoms.

Let us know how Tarzan is doing.

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I dont really know if its better on top or inside - as long as the distance is correct --if the dragon is showing signs of illness or is bad off I would say inside would be best - that way hes getting the best effects of the rays for sure -- you haft to realize the screen is blocking 30% of the rays-- so w/ really sick dragons suffering from MBD for sure I would say inside would be best -
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, how often does Tarzan sit out in the sun like you have in the picture ? [ BTW, it looks like he could jump off of your step too so be careful ] Being out in the sun regularly will make up any lack from your bulb but it depends on how often he is outside.

And can you post a pic of where he jumped from and the heater that he hit ? He might have some damage from that fall that is causing pain, inflammation, etc.

MylesO

Original Poster
Tarzan gets out in the sun about 3-4 times a week, sometimes more. He doesn't sit on the step or by them. I just put him there to take the pic. He has his spot out there and usually wears a leash.
Here is a pic of the window and heater. The drop is about 20 inches. I feel so stupid for putting him up there. He looked to look out the window when I clean his room.
106424-5951673109.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor guy, did he start walking like that just after the fall ? If so I would think that he may have hit his head to cause the neurological problem. It looks like about 28-30" drop from the windowsill. It's really important to know if he was acting like this before, if so it could be attributed to possible calcium deficiency and that would be a better scenario than if it were trauma from a head injury.

MylesO

Original Poster
I said the fall was 20 inches. I measured it!
I saw him walk like this twice before but not as bad and he started walking and running normal after about 10 minutes. But since the fall, my guy has been walking like this all the time so far. He's still running or trying to and still climbing in his furniture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom