MVB Users. Lets Chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

h2simms

Juvie Member
Do you know how much UVB yours are giving off?( Solar Glo's)
Because I would like to compare to the reptisun. Well I liked them so I am using them on my babies( aren't hatched yet 3 days or so more! But overall I love the reptisuns and solar glos and plan on using a megaray on my female's and my males will get the reptisun 10.0. I also know that the reptisuns give off about 80 uW/cm2. Also the power suns give off about 80uW/cm2 so I am lost in lights! Lol :roll: Thanks

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Here's the graph I recieved from Frances on the Solar Glo's as you can see the output isn't bad it's just the quality of the way the bulb is being put together now...you'd be lucky if it doesn't fall apart before the 6 months.

DSC00622.jpg

h2simms

Juvie Member
Lol, I have three right now and am using one till the babies hatch and it is ok for now. And that exactly what I was looking for! Thanks

isabelleandpaul

Juvie Member
That's a very interesting thread. I'm still fairly new to bearded dragons, I got Balrog, my first, last summer, but I will definitely get a new baby this summer (once I'm back from vacation). I started up badly, with a coil repti-glo, then with advice from this board I switched to tube repti-sun. It was fine, never had a problem with it, but I found that I had too many bulbs on top of the viv, and it was difficult to keep temps high enough. We got a new viv built, in fact we got two stackable vivs, and got a Solar-Glo. Balrog was more energetic than before, temps were higher and more steady, and the overall appearance of the viv is nice (my opinion). I will definitely stick with the MVB for that enclosure (bottom one on picture).
IMG_3231.jpg

IMG_3232.jpg

But, I started setting up the top viv, and temps are already quite high because of the MVB in the bottom viv. So I will use a repti-sun tube, basking light, CHE for nighttime. I don't want to risk cooking my new baby!

In my case, it is much easier getting a Solar glo than repti-sun, because the local pet store carries only Exo-terra products (something about french translation on the box required to display). But in a couple of months, I will have both MVB and tube (and hopefully the best of both worlds)!

h2simms

Juvie Member
The reason your temps are high on top is because you don't have a gap in between your viva if you put a 3" gap between your temps should be good, in case you wanted to stick with the solar glo.

NYDragon

Hatchling Member
I've been using a Mega-ray for a little bit now. She always has her eyes closed though so I'm a bit worried. Plus she is no longer eating her veggies. Although she'll eat her bugs so she may just be going through one of those stubborn streaks. The eye thing worries me though.

For those that use the Reptisun, how would I place this in my set-up? I have a 75g that I don't put the screen top on. How would I set this up so it stays where it needs to? I may try switching over to one and see if her eye problem ceases.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Erin this is how I did mine basically.....
Just screwed the undercounter type fixture to a 2x4 that stretches across the top...please excuse the hormonal poser in this pic. :lol:
DSC07593.jpg

My vivs are stacked 2 high on wooden framed shelves so the viv's on the bottom I just hung from chain from the shelves above. If you viv has the dividing framework piece in the center just attach block spacers on each side and screw fixture on to them.

h2simms

Juvie Member
Look at the difference from first got her to 1 day after I got her!!! using Solar Glo!!!

first got her:
IMG_0619.jpg

One day after:
IMG_0623.jpg

sola glos and MVB are my number one choice for a uvb bulb :D !!!!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I don't get it Simms :? Am I missing something?
The only difference I'm seeing is in pic #1 your beardie has on "happy color" all nice and lit up and in pic #2 looks like it's an early in the day pic where your beardie is pancaked and has on the "I'm trying to warm up colors."

NYDragon

Hatchling Member
Thanks Barbara! Being as the tank is 48" would a 24" tube be ok or do I need bigger one? My tank has a plastic bar across the middle of the top that always gets in the way :?

h2simms

Juvie Member
I was trying to show the color difference she is ten times brighter in color, since I got her. And I was trying to show the difference between a reptisun10.0 and a solar glo.(solar glo gives them more color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom