Mushu and Evelyn [3-22 update]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi y'all!

I've been a long time lurker of this site and love reading, almost everyday, the stories and pictures that I just couldn't help myself; here I am.

My name is Kyle, and about two years I bought BD based on some info from a friend and Petsmart...mistake. Long story short, I learned alot. I was down'n'out about owning another beared pal as my old viv laid in the corner of the house for about a year. My pet-loving girlfriend decided to buy me a beardie on Dec 23rd,2013 from Petco! I was reluctant at first; but instantly fell in love with Mushu!
2013-12-30124805HDR_zpsa15c0562.jpg

Here is my photo bomb!
2013-12-30124748HDR_zps890b2219.jpg

2014-01-18082400_zpsfd2ec88a.jpg

2014-01-18082339_zps8d526de7.jpg

I've got more for later.. work in the AM!

-Kyle

I am sorry to hear about your relationship problems...having scaly babies to turn to always helps me. No matter how bad the day I have I can take my 6 month old girl out and she snuggles up to and suddenly things don't seem so bad. I got lucky in the relationship department, been with him oing on two years, hes the one who got me into beardies, and then iguanas. Heck if you ever need someone to rant at feel free to message me.

Mushu is a real cutie! I remember when my beardies were that little, though it seems hard to belive my youngest is almost 4 months old now, eldest 8 years.Such a photogeneic little guy! I've never had geckos, though they are pretty cute!

swiLLest

Original Poster
Thank you much! I will take advantage of that offer every so often if you don't mind...

Just woke up, best time of the day; time to FEED! I love watching the calcium powder just fly... :mrgreen:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I'm sorry that it was a bad break. :(

She should be fine, but just watch her. Here's a link to Ava's health page when my boyfriend and I realized something was very wrong: http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=196093 If you would watch the videos, they should help you get an idea of how leos with MBD walk. Even though Ava was getting repashy with d3 powder all the time, it made no difference. Her calc blood levels were good. One of my friends on here who rescued leos mention that blood calc levels are not the same as bone calc levels which the vets can't check. She also mentioned that a very few leos have a hard time absorbing the powder and need the liquid stuff instead. So that's Ava and she's still very much on the mend, but definitely getting better. Hope this helps you with Eve.

Mushu is such a ham. :lol:

I totally understand having no free time. Full time student with the absolute worst layout of classes this year and I work part time - not that they give me many hours, but it definitely doesn't help when I'm trying to hang out with friends.

I'm glad you did get the opportunity to go out and have fun. It's always nice. And feel free to blog away, none of us mine. You seen my forum. It definitely helps to get things off your chest.

swiLLest

Original Poster
Thanks for the vid Zandi! I'm glad to hear Ava is doing better, that looks quite uncomfortable for her. :oops:

I have the mealies in a dish for Eve, and I put calc powder in there today as well, so as the mealies are moving around, they should be coating themselves a little bit in calc powder; peace of mind that Eve is getting atleast a little bit. Now it's time to pull the mealies from the fridge and let them wake up and eat before they get eaten! :angry5:

Then off to work I go... Busy day ahead of me and I don't feel social enough to talk to customers on the phone all day. But good news is, I got my taxes back yesterday! I am going to stop by the local pet store on the way home and spoil both of them with something..

BD.org is an awesome community forum, and thank everyone!

No problem I look forward to it! I love having people to talk to since most of my friends arent fans of reptiles.

Yay for taxes! In the next 5 months I'm hoping I can firstly build a nice custom beardie enclosure, and secondly maybe get a leatherback girl! Beardies are definately more addictin than cocaine. :lol:

swiLLest

Original Poster
That would awesome! I aspire to do that as well...but I think I am going to buy and move to a different part of the city within the next year; that's my objective first.

Custom cages are the bee's knees.

Mushu won't let me hold him when he is waking up and basking before I feed him crixx.. tomorrow he is going to be getting some waxies for dinner :D

swiLLest

Original Poster
Well, although Mushu didn't enjoy it, I picked him up last night while he was sleeping to show him off to a friend, he gave the biggest black beard I've ever seen!

I will post pics tonight :D

I wihs Eve would get bigger, seems as though she hasn't grown much. But i've only had her since 2/14.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Leos take a while to grow. She'll get there. :)

"Daddy, what is the meaning of this waking me up during my sleepy hour? I will not stand for it. Prepare to face the black beard!"

swiLLest

Original Poster
I had to get Mushu up this morning! Lights go on at 730, and it was 830 (time to feed before work) and he will still sleeping! Boy was he grumpy with me..might not wake him up again for a while haha

Eve is doing well though letting me pet her without moving on my palm and even lets me touch her tail :D

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Hey swiLLEst,
How is everything? How are the little cuties doing? Hope all is well and I can't wait for more pictures!
~Liz

swiLLest

Original Poster
Hi Liz, I hope everyone is doing well in your household!

Been extremely busy on my end.. work has got me all twisted up in a knot right now. About to secure a large advertisement sale, which will be crucial for my position to keep moving up the ladder. A couple more large big-box sales and I should start seeing more $$$. But work isn't everything, and I am having a hard time meeting new people around my age that has the same demeanor as I. What I mean about that is, I am 22, with a career, car and house; not many females my age are mature enough to handle that yet.

Talked to Deanna, my ex, the other day. She is doing well, but I miss her the more I see her. So, I am emotionally all over the place. I should be dedicating more time to my babies in the basement..

2014-03-19130527_zpsb1d415c5.jpg

2014-03-18201234_zps5b2c02ac.jpg

2014-03-18201156_zps38627740.jpg

2014-03-18201140_zps3c5f7531.jpg

2014-03-18200957_zpsb845fa3e.jpg

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Sorry I never replied to your last post. I probably saw it on my phone and I hate responding on that and then forgot to as it wasn't highlighted when I went on my computer.

Glad everything is going well for you and I hope that project goes over well for you. Maybe people are just jealous of your awesomeness?

Glad the babies look great and are doing well, can't wait to hear more.

Koth and Ava have been giving me trouble, put their meds just sent so hopefully that will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom