Mufasa and Norberta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already introduced me and Fasa, but I thought you all might like to see his cuteness, lol. I also have a question for you professionals: do you have any idea what morph he is?
82607-7214899291.jpg
82607-6370805064.jpg
Here he is sleeping in his new tree, slept in it all of last night.
Mufasa will just sit on my chest and nap or watch whats going on. ;)
One last question: Half the time he doesn't eat his crickets, is there anything I can do to help him eat?
Well, I think that's all for now! :) :)
Makayla.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Another cloudy day, but at least it seems to have stopped raining for the time being. So I don't blame Puff for wanting to zone out under the heat lamps all day -- heck, I slept half the day myself. :oops:

I suppose that he'd go in his hide (which he almost never does unless he's upset about something) if he was really serious about brumating, and if he did I'd probably try to coax him out of it by extending the artificial photoperiod (in other words, leaving the heat lamps on longer), and if that didn't work I'd probably be talking with the vet about whether or not it's okay to let him have a long sleep, instead of trying to convince him that winter isn't really coming.

It's good that you're checking on Mufasa and making sure that she's hydrated and not losing weight. :)

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I love lazy days like that! And yeah, it was nerve wracking last year when Mufasa brumated since it was the first time for both of us, this year I feel a lot better lol.
Here are some pics of Norberta, one from when she started shedding and some of her when she was out today. She still needs to shed most of her tail, her front arms and her nose, and two little patches on her belly. We're getting there. :lol:
82607-174655300.jpg
82607-7770105637.jpg
82607-2566785990.jpg

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
Oh my gosh! Look at that shed! She looks like she feels sp much better!!!

My little girl looks like she is abouy to shed part of her back. The last peice of her newest shed to come off!

Glad to hear everyones' babies are doing good.

... i was recently thinking about looking into rabbits... Do you guys think Mavis would scare a rabbit or a rabbit Mavis? I wouldn't want to get one, if it would make either unhappy.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Looks like Norberta had herself some "wings" there for a while. :lol:

Yes, brumation can be scary, especially the first time, because you don't know whether they're sleeping all the time and not eating because they're sick or not. It helps once you get used to what's normal for your particular beardie, since they're all a little different.

I wouldn't suppose that bearded dragons and rabbits would be trying to eat each other or anything like that, but they might be frightened of each other, at least at first. If you let them loose in the same room together, I'd be sure to always supervise them just to be sure they're not going to try to hurt each other in any way.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I don't know much about rabbits, but I don't feel like the rabbit would be afraid of Mavis. Mavis might not like the rabbit but idk. I probably wouldn't let them out together personally, just cause I worry a lot xD I have the two beardies, a hermit crab, an outdoor cat and a ball python. The girls have met the cat once when they were younger with a bit of space between them when I brought the beardies outside to see what they thought (the cat came up to say hi to me and didn't seem to notice the lizards). I don't let the crab near either of them cause I'm pretty sure Norberta and Mufasa would try and eat her despite her size. And they have seen my ball python but nowhere near each other, Mufasa ignores her but a lot of the time Norberta head bobs her.
But I have seen lots of people with inter species interactions! So depends on the person and the animals I guess :lol:
Haha, Norberta's wings didn't last long, she wanted them gone! I sure hope me and Mufasa find a normal for her brumating, lol.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Norberta's "wing" actually looks a lot like the ones Puff had for a little while -- I should have taken a picture. He was shedding on his back and the skin had all come loose in the middle, but it was still firmly attached around the edges along his sides and at his neck and the base of his tail. So when one of the edges finally came loose around his neck, I was able to very carefully slip some blunt-tipped manicure scissors underneath it and cut it down the middle so that his bath water could get under there and help it come off -- instant "wings", but they didn't last long. One came off in his "bedtime burrito" and the other came off in his bath the next day.

I can still just barely see the boundaries where the color pattern on his back is more vibrant -- the rest on his sides will probably shed some other time, but I've learned not to count on it. It happens whenever and wherever it happens...

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
Speaking of wings, look what i found Mavis doing today

20170808_084816.jpg

Funny that one of your dragon head bons a python XD and glad tge cat didn't hurt them!

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Mavis is such a cutie.
Norberta turned two last Sunday!! :blob5: :blob8: Which is amazing. Poor thing is still finishing up shedding, but she will look great when she is done.
Mufasa is still down, I got her out yesterday and weighed her and then put her on her fleece blanket. She sat there for a few minutes then lunged inside her hide and is very comfy in there.

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
Thanks! I love my baby girl! Got to let her soend a few minutes outside in sunshine with me today. She also had banana for the first time yesterday.

Happy birthday to your cutie!!! <3 i'm sure she will look great!

Sounds like she is ready for a several month nap.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Update.
Norberta is doing pretty great, pretty much done with shedding for the moment and looking happier lol. She has been able to get out and run around more and loves it, though she keeps finding new hiding spots. :roll: :lol:
Mufasa is sleeping sleeping now, eyes closed in her hide most of the time.
82607-4200423369.jpg
82607-8177354573.jpg
82607-4490775405.jpg
82607-6216689176.jpg
82607-6552848774.jpg

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
*dies from cuteness in the pictures*

Those made my day! Glad to hear Norbeta is almost done shedding. She is so cute! Hope Mufasa has a good brumation!

My girl isn't sure what to think about her new water dish. She kept climbing into her old water dish, but it eas tiny for her. So i'm using that as her food dish now. Got her a bigger water dish so she could lay in it on hot days. She edges her new water dish though.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Glad to hear you enjoyed the pics! Thank you, she is a cutie. How funny, has she ever slept in it? I think both my girls did that when they were babies, now I don't keep water bowls in their tanks but they use their salad bowls and bug bowls in Norberta's case some days as beds :lol:

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
Not that i've seen for either case, i have seen her sleep on a branch i used to have in her cage. She out grew it though and i took it out when I saw her start falling off of it. Her first night without it. Mavis gave me the most hateful look

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Some people recommend taking the water dishes out of their enclosures at night so they won't get too cold from sleeping in them, but our beardie has never done that so my husband thinks it's best to keep it in there all the time, just in case he gets thirsty in the middle of the night and wants a drink, but of course, he's never taken a drink from the water dish either, day or night, let alone sleep in it. Typical beardie. We have to dribble water on his nose with an eyedropper to keep him hydrated.

I agree -- the pictures are toooo cute. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom