Mouth rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my beardie lives in a 50 gallon tank with newspaper substrate and the correct uvb light (the heat lamp needs to be upgraded but my family can't afford it right now). He eats collard greens everyday in the morning (although recently he's been eating a couple leaves and leaves a lot left). He has a small water bowl that needs to be upgraded too but he gets baths every week when not shedding and he knows how to drink from my water bottle. I've noticed he has been lethargic and he sleeps a whole lot and he has trouble grabbing the veggies in his mouth. He does it slow and misses a lot. I know these could be signs of brumation but below his mouth i've noticed black. Also his lip seems to droop some and i'm worried it could be mouth rot. What does it look like to you guys?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The outside of his mouth looks healthy to me. Can you post photos of his teeth/gums/inside of his mouth?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....like was mentioned, there is nothing wrong with his mouth....it looks like that's just pattern + color. He looks very healthy but the behavior you mention sounds like it may be too cool in the tank and/or he is possibly developing a calcium deficiency. What type of UVB bulb do you use ? Are you using calcium powder ? And if you need to upgrade his heat bulb it really can't wait since he is developing some problems. You can buy a halogen bulb at a Walmart or other store for just a few dollars. Heat and UVB are critical .....see if you can get that adjusted and your boy might perk up. If it actually is just that he's brumating, he really wouldn't be too interested in food.

PaeganFuc3ingRules

Original Poster
The inside of his mouth looks actually clean I couldn't get pictures but it looks light pink and normal but thanks both for resting my worries of mouth rot. However I am now worried about the calcium thing since i don't use powder with him but I do know for a fact I have the right uvb someone else on the site confirmed that for me. I will get a heat bulb as soon as i can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheekypotato
Top Bottom