Most Recommended Bedding/Substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardieMa

I am about to get a new tank (somewhat soon) and I am currently using the carpet in my tank, it does ok.

I'm curious what bedding/substrate you beardie lovers most recommend?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
There are several options. I prefer a solid substrate because it's easy to clean and sanitize. I use ceramic tile. I've found it can be a bit rough on the feet on it's own after a while so I have fleece blanket down over half of it to make it a bit softer. The fleece is easy to throw in the washer to clean as needed. A lot of folks use non adhesive shelf liner which is also easy to clean/sanitize and can be thrown away and replaced easily if needed.

BeardieMa

Original Poster
CooperDragon":578qf5uz said:
There are several options. I prefer a solid substrate because it's easy to clean and sanitize. I use ceramic tile. I've found it can be a bit rough on the feet on it's own after a while so I have fleece blanket down over half of it to make it a bit softer. The fleece is easy to throw in the washer to clean as needed. A lot of folks use non adhesive shelf liner which is also easy to clean/sanitize and can be thrown away and replaced easily if needed.

That shelf liner sounds like a pretty good idea. I'll have to remember the blanket idea, if the other doesn't work.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Another advantage of the shelf liner is you can choose from a wide variety of patterns to add some variation to the tank.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I use a bioactive soil mix, I really prefer a naturalistic setup.

Before that I used a mix of shelf liner and paving stones for the floor.

BeardieMa

Original Poster
Taterbug":3obj12bi said:
I use a bioactive soil mix, I really prefer a naturalistic setup.

Before that I used a mix of shelf liner and paving stones for the floor.

Did your beardie seem to like the paving stones? Seems kinda rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom