Moose Is Here! ( update 8/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BotanicalStig

Juvie Member
Original Poster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGWbt3DSje0 :lol:

Thanks David, he's back to his old self eating everything in sight and pooping multiple times a day... on his basking log :banghead:

I wonder how they eat so fast sometimes :lol: And yes I definitely did my homework and got the right breeder :)

I'm a little worried about the pinworms again, actually. I walked into the bedroom today after he pooped and the smell hit me. I'm going to take a sample to a different vet on monday to double check, or do it myself. I'm expecting to see some progress when I weigh and measure him tuesday. He's eating like a monster again, I hate to think I may have to medicate him again. Maybe I didn't do enough to clean his tank... I steamed it daily :cry: Hopefully it's a false alarm, but the stink that filled up the room left, and now it came back.

I'll let everyone know,

BotanicalStig

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'll keep it in mind, thanks. His poop hasn't had that strong smell since that one incident, no idea.

Tuesday is growth day... 75 grams and a wee bit over 11 inches :)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Could have just been the last of the dead parasites leaving his body, happens sometimes. I'm glad he's back to normal. It's always the smell that gives those parasites away. Yay for so much growth! He's going to grow into his name, that's for sure :D

BotanicalStig

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He already is! I look at pictures from just a month ago and the difference is crazy :cry:

i-CshJ84T-XL.jpg

Really Moose, this is where you want to sleep? The blanket you sleep in every night is literally like four inches behind you, and you sleep in your salad bowl? What a weirdo :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
They do sleep in odd places, I have one who sleeps in his food dish all the time, it's just not used for food anymore! He sure has grown tons! Wouldn't have recognizzed him & his colours are sure popping! Well done you & Moose!

BotanicalStig

Juvie Member
Original Poster
His colors have gotten crazy. When he fires up he glows bright orange and has very vivid red markings on his face and back. I was unsure about the poo smell, so I've decided I should send a sample to someone that I know will do it right. I looked at it myself and thought I saw coccidia but wasn't positive. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I've never seen it with my own eyes before and I want to make sure that if he does have some, that it isn't too much.

Anyway, here's a story I though I'd share- and I wouldn't make this up. I took a nap today starting at about noon. While I was laying on the bed (which is right in front of moose's tank) I hear him run up to the glass. I watched him on and off for a few minutes while he scratched at the glass a little bit, just staring at me. Well, apparently he thought my nap meant it was bedtime because about 5 minutes later he walked to his title cave thing under his basking log and fell asleep too... It was so cute :lol:

OH! I forget to post up Tuesdays results.... 12 inches and 80 grams.

Remember his bath from his first day home?
i-Sg9QBgK-X2.jpg

Well, here he is now
i-p5BB6K3-X2.jpg

i-BF75KtX-X2.jpg

i-bGPfhSc-X2.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
He's grown so much, you almost need sunglasses to look at him 8) what stunning colours he has. That was so funny that he though it was already bedtime :lol: thanks for that laugh, Moose, I needed that! What a cutie he is, you must be enjoying him so much. There's nothing like a dragon to lift your spirits & feel that all is right with the world.

I'm hoping that he doesn't have parasites, some are normal, so hopefully he doesn't have any excess. He's too little to go through that again. So update when you can & thanks for those pictures!

BotanicalStig

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Had an interesting day today, woke up and everything was fine with the world... then the worst happened...

i-pLxfBJD-XL.jpg

ASPLOSION!- followed by hours of frantic running and jumping and scratching behind the ears like a dog (I love when you does that :lol: )... then this

i-kjhCqht-XL.jpg

i-R6cs9VM-XL.jpg

Followed by an early bed time... We were watching tv together when he decided to press his chin against my chest and then run up to my neck... where he then snuggled under my collar. With nothing but his tail showing, he went to sleep. It tickled, yes, and it was so funny to see :lol:

I'll get some more pictures some time this week!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
At least the asplosion was fast, it's so cool the way they just poof & the skin is all gone. My adults all take forever to shed, it's so painful for them & they just get soooooo grumpy. Rubio, who's 4 had a complete head shed & he was so grumpy for weeks it seemed. Finally started soaking him for often & within a day it started to come off, still took 4 days to completely come off, as his belly was shedding, too. So enjoy the fast sheds while he does them! He sure is a bright orange, he's stunning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom