Mojo needs help now!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanice

Original Poster
From what i can see is there is a little black on the tip of his tongue but he is taking the water and i don't have a way to get the baby food right now but tonight i will have some and give him a little but right now i really just want to get the water in him. Just from me given him water he has a lot MORE fight in him so i think he might make it if i keep doing the water and food right now :)

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
shanice":2ljzul5q said:
From what i can see is there is a little black on the tip of his tongue but he is taking the water and i don't have a way to get the baby food right now but tonight i will have some and give him a little but right now i really just want to get the water in him. Just from me given him water he has a lot MORE fight in him so i think he might make it if i keep doing the water and food right now :)

I am glad to hear he has more fight in him. Tell me, when did you first notice weight loss? I am wondering if this was a slow weight loss or sudden and rapid?

What kind of enclosure or container do you have him in now? Is be being kept warm and separate from the other dragon?

shanice

Original Poster
he lost all that in a mouth less then that really and for a light its a heat light and sun light at the same time. i want to get a heat rock or mat for them

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
shanice":i9fqgj3g said:
he lost all that in a mouth less then that really and for a light its a heat light and sun light at the same time. i want to get a heat rock or mat for them

Heat rocks are not safe for bearded dragons, and heat from the belly doesn't do any good for them anyhow, so save your money.
Sounds like you have a Mercury Vapor Bulb...how old is it? And what kind?

I've been thinking about the white gums...are they whiter than the other dragon's?

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
shanice":2hn2mdiq said:

I have been going over and over this whole situation all day long. I work full time and when I get home I have 14 bearded dragons to take care of, too. I haven't had any time to research for you, but I'm taking a break in between poop cleaning to talk out loud to you and give you my internal dialog.

Adult dragons don't lose that much weight, that rapidly. If you have seen Mojo go from a normal, healthy weight to his current condition in 3-4 weeks time, then there's something severely wrong with him. An adult dragon can go 3-4 weeks not eating without wasting away to nothing. The bones that are so prominent along the underside of his tail, the protruding hip bones, the sunken in fat pads on the top of his head....I've never heard of anything like that happening in 3-4 weeks.

Are his gums much whiter than the female's? Do they have any pink coloration at all? I'm worried that he is anemic, and I've said that before. Add that to the incredible rapid wasting away, then is it possible he has cancer?

Think about it as if it were you for a moment. What would cause you to lose an estimated 70% of your body weight in a month's time? I don't think you could do it if you tried.

What do you think about your water and baby food efforts? Water and baby food will rehabilitate a dragon that has slowly wasted away because he was not eating any food for months and months. But in your case, if he lost this weight in less than a month, then the rate at while he is declining will be much greater than the calories and fat that you are putting into him. Do you understand what I mean?

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
The poor guy is extremely sick, and needs expert care. By the sounds of it, you are not able to handle the care he needs. Since you mentioned a heat mat and and heat rock, it seems to me you haven't done much research on dragons. Do they have a UVB light? All you mentioned is sunlight. I have a dragon that barely eats, and he is still 411 grams. And I give him critical care 3x a week. Baby food is ok for an emergency but you really need to get him some critical care. And honestly you need to get him to someone with more knowledge of dragons if you want him to have any sort of a chance.

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
What is the location? Maybe someone could make a visit to help if you don't want to give him up. Someone may be able to show you how to help him better. Sometimes sick dragons can be difficult and the few tricks to get them eating and drinking can really help out. How is he?

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
crystalryan1980":agck7xah said:
Have you heard anymore from her?

No, I haven't heard anything more. I'd really like to help this dragon. I wish I was closer but she is way up in the New England area. I would have her ship him to me but I don't think a severely dehydrated dragon would survive the trip to Florida. It's not as hot of a week this week because of TS Debbie, but it still makes me nervous. :?

MissFirefly

Hatchling Member
ShannyBeard":1nsfpbhc said:
crystalryan1980":1nsfpbhc said:
Have you heard anymore from her?

No, I haven't heard anything more. I'd really like to help this dragon. I wish I was closer but she is way up in the New England area. I would have her ship him to me but I don't think a severely dehydrated dragon would survive the trip to Florida. It's not as hot of a week this week because of TS Debbie, but it still makes me nervous. :?

I know Crystal is nearby and I'm in Massachusetts and both of us are more than willing to try to help this dragon out in any way possible.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Wow it is so awesome we have a couple of the most experienced dragon keepers on here that can help. :blob8:

Please let us know how Mojo is doing! Every little thing, every step you take with him, is crucial. If there is something we could be telling you that would help, we will gladly tell you. If you can give us an idea of his intake since yesterday it would be really helpful.

My thoughts are with you both.

shanice

Original Poster
ok sorry i lost the lost the internet but he is doing a lot better he is drinking the water and eating the food moving more. so everyone knows that i should of said is that i have not owned the there whole life i just got them from someone that did not want them and she just told me yesterday that before she gave them to me she stoped caring for them. so now i know why he is doing this. i have a friend that has had bearded dragons and he puts a heat rock with them but he can set the heat and its so low that its for night so it dont get cold where i live you never know how the weather is going to be. but i do thank everyone for there help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thuexedulichthailan
Top Bottom