Mobile AL - 1 yr old with deformed front arm

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarkAtTheMoon

Original Poster
Nope, the other one is in Birmingham. I don't know much about AL. Don't even know if these cities are close to each other. I just queried reptile on petfinder and posted the "saddest" beardie cases here hoping they could find more educated, caring slaves for their next home. It's sad how some people treat herps. Petfinder is worse than CL because it's used by the shelters and rescues where people too lazy or too embarassed by the condition of their pets just dump them. Maybe I didn't word that just right. The stories of the pets is worse because of where they come from. And while some shelters and rescues are great places, some are not. It just depends.
Jessie

beardie1434

Juvie Member
Good news - update. I am filling out the application. I called the center Abe is at and they said if application is approved they will work with the rescue train to get him closer to me.

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
beardie1434":ae17f said:
Good news - update. I am filling out the application. I called the center Abe is at and they said if application is approved they will work with the rescue train to get him closer to me.
Very cool! And good luck with it! :laughing6: (post pics when you get him! :wink: ) I'm glad to see they will work with you, even if your not in the immediate area! I looked at the posting, and it seemed I saw three dragons there at the time, but there are so many out here in need of homes, too! :roll:

beardie1434

Juvie Member
I believe they will work with the rescue train for anywhere, would have to ask them. They said they also have two babies there right now. The babies will be added to the list soon. http://www.chaosandcritters.org

While typing this lizardgrrl says she saw three so they might be listed already.

BarkAtTheMoon

Original Poster
I wonder if the center in Birminham would work with the rescue train for the beardie that was taunted by children in its first home and then kept in a closet and fed boiled eggs in its second home? But, then again, they are requiring a home with no small (what is their definition of small?) children, and that takes alot of us out.

BarkAtTheMoon

Original Poster
Lisa,
I was so excited, I forgot to say, "THANK YOU!" I'm not in between AL and FL and won't be able to help with the rescue train, but if there's anything else I can do, let me know. :blob5: :blob8:
Jessie

beardie1434

Juvie Member
Keep your fingers crossed. I have not seen the herp vet I will use if needed yet so I am unable to use them as a vet reference yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom