MITES?! Betadine didn't work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

therese30

Can Humans get the mites? What do you recommend for disinfecting the tanks? Should I be doing this on a daily or weekly basis? :study:

BabySmaug

Original Poster
darkbalde666":dc203 said:
not eating could be lack of uvb

puting him by a closed wind will not help as uv light will be blocked buy the glass

is the viv glass or wood

if glass i would remove every thing and bleach with 10% bleach solution then rinse over and over till there is no smell at all then dry and only put paper towl down as a substrate ant rocks or stone should be backed or boiled as well as the wood

keep the viv as bear are posible till all the mites are gone try just having papeer towles and food bowl for a bit as that helps keep the viv easy to clean and you would se anny mite on the paper towl

good look as so if you any othere reps you should check the as mite can become a eperdemic real fast if you have a few reps

I don't have any other reptiles - just Smaug.

He's eating perfectly now and moving just fine. I'm seeing tons of dead mites all over the paper towel - having to change it two or three times a day. The viv is glass - and I do clean it regularly with a bleach solution. I can only hoep now that the mites go away quickly.

At least he's active and finally eating. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom