Mera & Bowser, new pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
since bowser has been feeling down lately (he's doing much better within the past few days) we were at the petstore getting a new ceramic heat emitter for his bedtime and i ran into this cutie. she has a bad kink in his tail and a nip so they gave us a discount on her but she is soo friendly. it's odd having one not try to squirm from my hands and she's so big compared to bowser! i figured she'd keep me from harassing bowser too much because i like spending time with them. gotta pick her out a name though! she's also my "motivation" present from my husband because she's supposed to help me study and do work. :p here she is hanging on me on our way home, i probably looked crazy walking down the street with a lizard on my chest LOL.

e9sr41.jpg

welcome home little one :)

chastityx

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
zandi202":1uc8q2x2 said:
Hey Chastity,
Been keeping up with you on tumblr, miss seeing you around here. Are all your babies on their best behavior? Saw some chameleons at my local Petco - apparently they're legal in my state now. And let me just say, they are so terrible to each other.
~Liz

hey liz! yeah chameleons aren't social animals so they tend to stress each other to death. & as you know, prius is a non-social dude. he's still biting like usual. :)

on the downside, my smallest anole crashed the other day and just died. i probably had about 24-48 hours between amazingly skinny/sick looking to death. he perked up when i gave him some baby food but then when i woke up the next day i knew he was almost dead. i tucked him under a tissue and he passed away later. i don't think he was in any pain. i tried looking up some information about it but most things said anoles are usually wild caught and they almost never survive meds. so even if i had gotten him to the vet in time there was a slim to none chance for him.

ontop of that, i'm usually just on tumblr from mobile because i've had a million doctors appointments. i've been extremely sick the past few months and i got in to see my doctor for it after several rounds of antibiotics from urgent care trips. he sent me for a CT scan and to an ENT. apparently i have a small obstruction in my sinuses which is causing me to have continuous sinus infections. but what's even worse is i also have an ongoing infection at the root of one of my teeth in my jaw. apparently when i had my wisdom teeth removed they hit my sinus cavity. some of my bone in my jaw is apparently "missing" around the tooth and i have a large swelling where the infection is going into my maxillary sinus. this has apparently been going on for about the past two years and is just getting worse recently. i'm kind of glad i found out what's wrong though. i have an appt with a dentist/oral surgeon for xrays friday and then i'll figure out how to fix it!

i should be back around here more once all of this is taken care of! i just thought i'd let you guys know why i'm missing and that everyone (save for mr. tiny anole) is doing great.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Wow, that's a real bummer. I hope the infection is a quick and easy fix for you.

Sorry to hear about your little anole.

I'm more of a chameleons-are-cool-to-look-at,-but-not-to-own girl. They kind of freak me out. :oops: :lol:

chastityx

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
time for new pictures! i've had a lot of medical stuff going on so i haven't felt like posting an update in a bit. my little tomato frog atlas passed away the other day. he had a seizure out of the blue and just didn't recover. he passed away in my hand so i've been pretty bummed out about it. i miss having a frog though so i may get another one of these days when i'm done crying all the time about it. i've also decided i'm going to test breed my corn snake next spring since she'll be old enough! i want to eventually breed chameleons so i figured snakes are the best starting point since there's a lot more risk with beardies/leos getting egg bound. i also just don't think i could keep up with feeding a batch of baby beardies. haha. so my husband and i picked out a male corn and had him shipped here and are working on fattening him up. he's almost 2 and very underweight because breeders "maintenance feed" the older ones. which means he wasn't fed much!

anyways i keep in contact with liz via phone/tumblr so she's seen all of these already. i figured i need to keep my thread open anyways so here we are.

bowsie (who finally weighs over 400grams!)
tumblr_n5jneglTda1r4rftdo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n5c7ngAwlG1r4rftdo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n5ahlrZ0M71r4rftdo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_n58cet9XYv1r4rftdo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n4ml4mXORv1r4rftdo1_500.jpg

the geckos :3
tumblr_n5ahph3b1r1r4rftdo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5a827WxQe1r4rftdo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n519opQ6ac1r4rftdo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n4ml0jdv4O1r4rftdo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n3u5wtD67E1r4rftdo1_1280.jpg

merakins
tumblr_n4t7gkKnQJ1r4rftdo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n5ahgpZspw1r4rftdo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n4ml1r0WAp1r4rftdo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n1myjiuIIa1r4rftdo1_500.jpg

prius
tumblr_n5af1gqAVb1r4rftdo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n45snoOmg71r4rftdo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mzw0lgdvHl1r4rftdo1_1280.jpg

oberyn (peachs new bf!)
tumblr_n5jn99j2PQ1r4rftdo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n57s16RGMD1r4rftdo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n57r71uSyN1r4rftdo3_1280.jpg

peachy
tumblr_n5ahqcagEa1r4rftdo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5ahb04Gbf1r4rftdo2_250.jpg

tumblr_n5jnddwR6G1r4rftdo1_1280.jpg

and the anoles!
tumblr_n2taolJ4B31r4rftdo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n52ydzvkux1r4rftdo1_500.jpg

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Oh no! I’m so sorry to hear about Atlas. :(

You have a LOT of leopard geckos. :shock: Their so cool looking though! :love5:

Mera, Prius, Bowser, and Peachy are as beautiful/handsome as usual!

Anoles are awesome! The very first lizard I held was an anole, I was so amazed by them. Tons of them live in my backyard too, in the bushes. :) :)

And oooh, new snake in the crew! Love him too!

Basically I love all your creatures.

chastityx

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
hoopyscoop":pqzsyqqx said:
Oh no! I’m so sorry to hear about Atlas. :(

You have a LOT of leopard geckos. :shock: Their so cool looking though! :love5:

Mera, Prius, Bowser, and Peachy are as beautiful/handsome as usual!

Anoles are awesome! The very first lizard I held was an anole, I was so amazed by them. Tons of them live in my backyard too, in the bushes. :) :)

And oooh, new snake in the crew! Love him too!

Basically I love all your creatures.

yeah i miss my little buddy but there was nothing i could do to help him. it was one of those no sign problems where it just happened and he passed. but he's in frog paradise now.

& yes we have six girls! 3 are rescues. we started with two, purchased a breeder baby, and then kind of just got sucked into the last 3 with rescues. we also had 2 more at one point but after i nursed them to health we rehomed them with a vet tech!

thank you for checking in on my babies! i miss you guys!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Oh I'm sorry for your loss, that sucks to
see a pet go.

Peach's new boyfriend is a cute snake,
love snakes, but my mom doesn't want
them in the house. I'm ok with a beardie,
fish and gerbil along with my cat, Mickey
Mouse we call her. Other cats and dogs but
they're not mine...more of family's pets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom