**Mega Ray Issues** / Megaray RECALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backlash

Hatchling Member
Icebramz":b4d96 said:
I just bought a 100w SB megaray today, will my bulb be fine?

I am sure since the problem has been identified, John and the people over at reptileuv.com are doing everything possible to make sure no faulty bulbs are being shipped out. But as a precaution keep an eye on your little guy and make sure his behaviour does not change for the worse. If you notice the eyes closing more than usual, or avoiding of the basking area, take the bulb out and contact John.

But like i said, im sure everything is being done to avoid anymore faulty bulbs reaching customers.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
IceBramz... I can say with out hesitation that the megaray you just purchased will be fine when you receive it. John has reassured us that every bulb that leaves ReptileUV will be tested. I stand behind John 100% and believe he will do whatever it takes to make sure the bulbs are safe for our pets.
By the way... welcome to the forum :D

JMWolff12

Thank you guys. I am testing every single bulb that leaves, with a Solameter 6.5 so I can make sure it's within acceptable ranges. I am still telling everyone to watch their pets closely, because I believe that anytime you add something new to your animals environment you should pay closer attention to them. This is again just part of my cautious nature, but it helps me sleep at night.

John

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
I am getting my new megaray today that John has personally tested. I will let everyone know the results in a few days after to see how Elliott is doing with it.

Thanks for stepping up so voluntarily John.

pm0084

I recieved my new bulb this morning...(no coating) :blob5: :blob8:
My little guy has been under it all day....I think he missed his UVB
I just want to say thanks to John @ megaray for being so straight forward and working diligently to resolve the issue, it seems rare these days to find a company that truely cares about the customer....I'll be ordering again in about 8 months :D

Metalz

I gr my replacment yesterday (with frost) hope that's not a bad thing .
I'm 24 hours in to the bun off so I'll see what happens .

Sent from my Iphone

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
Well I got my new one today and instantly noticed some changes immediately.

1st - I noticed that Elliott RAN under it withing 30 seconds of me putting it in. He was incredibly yellow after about 2 minutes in light so I was very happy to see that.

2nd - Both eyes were open as wide as could be

3rd - The temps were higher than the previous. With the old bulb, the temps would only get up to about 92 at 13" so I had to use a 45w flood light to get the temps up. With the new bulb, the temps were around 101-103 without any additional heat. Good news for my electric bill!!

4th - This bulb has absolutely no coating on the outside of the bulb. Perhaps it all flaked off when John tested it before shipping?

acwood04

Hatchling Member
I just also got a replacement today. The bulb seems a lot smoother on the glass, more glass feeling rather than the frost paint on the outside. It seems that my bulb has some frosting or the front glass colored a little more white, im sure to diffuse the light. I also noticed that when burning it in the light is nowhere near as green as the one I had purchased in November.

danny662boy

Hatchling Member
my bulb was purchased in october 26... it had alot of frosting, but i didnt start to use it until the middle/late november... i have noticed my guys eyes closed, and particularly his right eye has a gray circle? i thought it was a shed but its like a gray circle around his right eye??? i sent them an email, and called that number but its saturday ??

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
day two with the new bulb...

OMG! I have not seen him this active in about 2 months. He is exploring his viv, running around the living room like a nut, and so bright. Great stuff megaray!

JMWolff12

Hello Everyone,

For those of you who have gotten your new bulbs, I am so happy to hear that your pets are enjoying them so much. Danny, I don't work on the weekends, but I do check emails, as well as the forum here. If you check your email I have sent you a response requesting what I need to get a replacement bulb and return label on their way to you, and will do that first thing Monday morning.

I am still asking that everyone watch their pets closely even with their replacement bulbs. I test everything, but let's not take any chances here. If anybody needs anything of me, my email is posted in earlier posts. Everyone have a great weekend!!!

John :D

danny662boy

Hatchling Member
um does anyone know which Transaction id? on my packing slip i have a trans ID, on my "charge from credit card" i have a trans id, and on my shopping cart payment sent i have a trans id?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom