Meet Rocky and Gizmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandit27

Hatchling Member
Hi everyone,

My name is Kerry and i'm from Wales, UK.

I recently got 2 beardies Rocky (male) and Gizmo (female).

Beardies008-1.jpg

Beardies011-1.jpg

I am told they are 1.5 years old, and they were living in the same 3ft viv. After reading lots of comments on here and also the advice of my local reptile centre, i decided to seperate them, so Gizmo has a nice new home now. She no longer gets bitten and mounted by Rocky, and is much more active, however she is constantly digging??

They are both not eating too well at the moment but due to all the moving and being seperated, i'm hoping that in a few days time they will start eating normally again. They have a fresh supply of greens daily and also hoppers are offered.

Rocky got his name from my 2 yr old son, who calls them rocks and he says they eat fly's (hoppers) and beans (mealworms occasionally) bless him :lol:

Kerry

bandit27

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
as i am new to all this, do i buy a special box and just put it in the viv, wot do i put in the laybox?

Beardies016-1.jpg

i have just seen these bulges on her, when she turned, do you think they are eggs. And any ideas how i find out how long she has left?

thanks
kerry

bandit27

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thanks so much for your comments. I visited to reptile centre an they gave me a box and some substrate. I have put it in the viv and she is happily digging in it, so i guess time will tell :D

She is no longer a nice sandy colour though she is filthy :lol:

Thanks again
Kerry

bandit27

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hi guys,

just to let you know Gizmo is laying eggs as i am typing this, at least 8 so far, omg i am so excited. I will take them to the repile centre tomorrow morning for them to incubate them :D

Kerry

bandit27

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
she laid 22 that seem good and 2 that were bad.....second clutch???

can i please ask you, hopefully you will know. The inside of my male beardie's mouth is yellow, is this normal as my female's is pink

Kerry

dragongirl95

Juvie Member
i dont know about the yellow mouth but you can ask about it in the health section. a female beard there have been people that said their beardie layed 8 but the avg would be about 2-5 . if you pm fez09 she breed her beardies so she can tell you more about the cluths. are you giving ur female calcum everyday and i think you give them vitamins too

bandit27

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hiya hope your well,

yellow mouth is sorted, took them both to vets this morning for a check up as i've only had them 13 days wanted to make sure they were well......Gizmo (female) she said is looking really well especially since she just laid eggs :) she said to keep an eye on her as she could lay more eggs but she couldn't feel any inside her. Rocky (male) she said his mouth is normal, apparently some can have yellow inside. So i am pleased now.

Yeah giving calcium every day and also nutrobal twice a week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom