Meet my new hypo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
My roommate votes Banjo too, so that's 2 for Banjo, 0 for Gannon (well, 1 if you count me) :D

PastelBeardie

Juvie Member
They're both such beautifully colored beardies! It's easy to see why you couldn't resist the new one.

Pushkin does not look happy. Sibling rivalry, anyone?

I vote for Gannon. :)

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Both names are cute! I kinda like Banjo, because it is really cute. I can't wait to see his colors look like after he sheds?

Poor Pushkin is beside himself. Did he wake up head bobbing? Maybe he will get used to the new baby and settle down.

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks for voting, everyone! :D

PastelBeardie":2683axdi said:
They're both such beautifully colored beardies! It's easy to see why you couldn't resist the new one.

Pushkin does not look happy. Sibling rivalry, anyone?

I vote for Gannon. :)

Thank you!!! Seriously, Pushkin is acting really jealous. The only time that he has let his beard turn white is when I was cuddling him to my chest on the couch. He's pretty spoiled!

Brezzy99":2683axdi said:
Both names are cute! I kinda like Banjo, because it is really cute. I can't wait to see his colors look like after he sheds?

Poor Pushkin is beside himself. Did he wake up head bobbing? Maybe he will get used to the new baby and settle down.

Hahaha, he totally did. My roommate moves out in 2 weeks, and if this is still going on, I'll move the new guy to her room so that they won't ever have to see each other. Really hoping things cool down though!

sue09":2683axdi said:
How about Pasha,sounds cute against Pushkin, good luck with your new baby Sue :)

Oh gosh, that's super cute too!!! And it's Russian, so goes really well with Pushkin. :D Adding it to the short-list!

I managed to get some photos for you guys! He is a little spaz, just runs around everywhere! He has a good appetite too - ate about 6 crickets and about 7 dubia, and he has no problem eating greens from my hand. He had a bath this morning to help get his shed off (it's almost there, just a few scales left here and there!) and he was totally relaxed during that too!

Here's some pics!

15guzqf.jpg

wkh0y1.jpg

1jru5h.jpg

His colors are kind of strange - he has this bright orange head and pale orange-less body! This photo was taken POST-shed!

nzot5c.jpg

Look how much blue this boy has!
6fb90h.jpg

Something that has me a little bit concerned - I noticed this yesterday. Not sure if it is a couple scales of retained shed? Or maybe a finger nip from another dragon? What do you guys think? (On his longest finger)

2nkna85.jpg

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
He is going to have some amazing colors! Have you decided on a name yet?

I am about to post a picture of my sons surprise :D

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Brezzy99":vjcczxlp said:
He is going to have some amazing colors! Have you decided on a name yet?

I am about to post a picture of my sons surprise :D

I hope so!! :mrgreen:
Here is a photo of his dad - I hope he looks a bit like him!
53pcao.png

I still just can't decide on the name, so I'll wait a day or so until I see more of his personality!

Off to see your surprise!

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He has a name!! :blob8:

I've been trying to figure something out that suits him - his warm beachy colors, stoned expression, spastic antics, dangerous stunts (he literally did a somersault over my arm yesterday - luckily I was able to hold on to him!).

The first name that REALLY suits him is Narley. Or Narly. Or Gnarly. But you get it - surfer slang. :D And easy and fun to say!

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
:lol: Love that name! How is he settling in? He looks really healthy and has some awesome coloring. How is Pushkin doing today? I read on your other thread about the mix up at the vet and him still having coccidia. Poor baby! Are the meds still messing with him? Were you able to find Bene-bac? If not, I have a bunch here and can send you some.

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hahaha thanks! It suits him. :D He has droopy eyes, so I want to get him checked out - some sites say that it's no problem, just genetics, while others say that droopy eyes could indicate kidney problems. :( He's only gone to the bathroom once since I got him on Saturday, so I am a little worried! Otherwise, he's alert, has a decent appetite (approx. 50 crickets one day, but about 20-30 others). He LOVES greens, eats them no problem from my hand, which is great!

Pushkin is finally done with his meds! I searched EVERYWHERE for probiotics, but couldn't find anything - no Bene-Bac, no soy yogurt. Very frustrating. That is so nice of you to offer!! You might need it in your house with all your dragons, though! Pushkin has actually handled his meds like a champ - still alert, and I bought a box of Superworms at the show last weekend, and he is now obsessed. Nothing can put a dent in his appetite! I'm hoping to get Narley into the vet on Friday, and I'll bring a fecal sample in for Pushkin at the same time - fingers crossed that he'll be okay now.

suikajusu

Hatchling Member
I had the worst time finding bene-bac gel too. not at any of the pet stores nearby so I had to order it online. And Narley is such a cute name!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom