meet my new baby Elyott

Status
Not open for further replies.
hii! my name is Bryanna. i've been on here for about a week. i just got my new baby beardie today. my first one! she is about 5 inches long and 4 weeks old. it was a horrible 7 hours... no one really liked it. but i got this beautiful little girl (at least i hope its a girl)

this is one of the first pictures i took of her.
BeFunky_photo7.jpg

all stretched out
BeFunky_photo6.jpg

BeFunky_photo5.jpg

i almost thought she was gonna fall asleep
BeFunky_photo4.jpg

BeFunky_photo3.jpg

at home!!!
BeFunky_photo2.jpg

BeFunky_photo1.jpg

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I love when bugs come in late because of weather. I love Canadian weather...... :banghead: Elyotts feet are soooooo big! I was watching him sleep and I look at his feet and they look to big to his body!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That means he's got alot of growing to do & with the way you're feeding him, he'll be huge by the time he's done. And yes, I know all about your winters, I grew up in Montreal, so am glad to be in Vancouver where the weather is no-where near what we got back east!

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
My part of ontario we go from 40C in the summer to -40C in the winter. my late order was not helped by the fact that all weekend it was raining frozen rain. so all roads were icey and very dangorus. Elyott downed 55 worms for breakfast. and 50 last night for dinner. also in the middle of a shed so he is a very grumpy boy. i cannot wait till christmas. i have a full week off and i wil get to see my boy more. we are taking him to winnipeg with us for christmas. while Zen, and Holiday(my brothers gecko he doesn't know he has yet) are going to stay at my boyfriends house. so then i'll get to have more cuddles in stead of leaving the house at 7:30 and coming home at 10:30 and him already being asleep or waiting for me to put him to sleep. and another funny thing. the blue puppy fuzzy thing he sleeps in that i posted about oh so long ago is getting too small for him. he has to curl himself into a ball to fit all of himself into it. i have to go look and buy him something bigger. but its funny watching him trying to get comfy. :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
They're so cute when they're trying to fit into something that just doesn't fit anymore. I remember the first pic of him in that puppy, he sure has grown, that's how you know! Guess it is time for something much bigger. Good luck hunting. I used to live north of Montreal in Two Mountains, same type of weather, maybe a bit warmer, like -20 but lots of freezing rain, tons of snow, etc. I prefer it out here, coldest is 0 and mostly 2-5+, we just get lots of rain & overcast weather. The problem over here is never seeing the sun from Oct to June, hardly, so I take very large doses of Vit D to avoid a thing called SAD or Seasonal Affective Disorder, causes major depressions. But with the high doses of Vit D I'm not affected by it anymore and feel loads better. Didi has his head up this am but his eyes are closed. Wonder if he wants to sleep for the day? I've offered to keep him covered but he keeps coming out of the blanket glaring at me like "are you done trying to keep me covered, I want to be up!" Honestly, they just can't seem to make up their minds! Rubio is still sound asleep, he drank a ton of water one day this week, so he's hydrated but sound asleep. I miss my big boy!
Give Elyott a hug and tell him he's growing, growing, growing! Good Boy!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I know, when we get snow out here it shuts down the city, it's hilarious to watch people coping with snow, rarely do people get snow tires, so lots of people off the road & it's just a mess :lol: Even after 25 years I find it funny.

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ahahahahahah!!!!! Thats so funny! I hate snow.. But its funny hearing about people who aren't used to it!

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So working in the baby department in wal-mart tonight lookig at baby blackets because Elyott is going to need one and since he's gonna get about 18" do you think 3feet by 3feet is gonna be way to big or will be fine? I get a txt from my sister because we are going to my fathers today Elyott is coming with. I get the txt that Elyott pooped in his carrier and all over his blue puppy thing.... :banghead: and i am very sure it was because of the fuzzy puppy thing against his vent. ~sigh~ i love him but i wish he would hold it he's off the fuzzy puppy thing.

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So Elyott is no longer sleeping in his baby blanket but mine. My sister didn't clean the poop off his puppy blanket thing so i got home 5 hours after he pooped and i got upset and went to go give it a bleach and water bath then put it in the wash and then i remembered after half an hour of it being in the bleach water that the puppy head is a stuffed animal. So that got chucked in the garbage. I am making him a sleeping bag thing but it won't be ready till monday so Elyott gets to sleep in my blanket.... Grrrrrr
Also on a another note i think that Beardeddragon.org should make an app so we can get it on android and iphone. That would be fun.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'll have to forward that idea. And 3' by 3' might be a bit big, Rubio's my biggest dragon and his big blankie is 2' by 2' & is almost too big for him. You want something that wraps around him easily, but then, you're making him a sleeping bag, that's so cute! I'll need a pic of that! But really, 2' by 2' will be more than big enough.

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
The only problem is the only fuzzy nice blankets in the wal-mart baby department are 30"X36" or 30"X40" i am very sad about Elyotts blanket though. So i wake up and i see my dads female dog trying to show his male dog that she is boss. Yes dogs humping first thing in the morning is a great thing to see.... Also the brantch i bought Elyott when i bought him is too small for him now. Lol he's wider then it in some spots and he's scared to climb it to bask.... I'm trying to think about what to do

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You'll have to find a wider log or do what I have for Didi, which is a brick with a flat stone under the top to put it upwards. Are there logs around where you live that you can use, just put them in the oven at 200f for 1/2 hr? Buying something in the petshop is too expensive. So those are what I can suggest for now until you find something he really likes. All the furniture in my beardie vivs are low as I don't use tops. But his viv is different because it's enclosed except at the front, right? So you need something a bit taller. That's all I can think of. Even a tree made of resin/stone would work, but might get too hot.
Good luck finding him something. You can also find a log that could lean agains the one he has to make it wider.
Let me know what you come up with.

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So Elyott is in his normal viv again but he will not eat. He hasn't stopped eating because of a shed or anything since he was about a month and a half. And he has been in a really good mood. And as i am typing this i am watching Elyott and he just puffed his beard out really really far and opened his mouth and then fell off his log. I don't think he was really expecting it. I laughed. It wasn't black but it was funny.

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
i haven't posted pics for a long time so here it is!
FB02240E-9AD8-4945-841B-B00B8B6CD076-5369-000009A064AA64CB.jpg

adventure time!!!!!
6F59054F-6E50-4528-A554-58EBCB9AB3A7-5369-000009A05ED50F7E.jpg

ahhhh!!! the little human is comming!!!!!
4CF1BA1F-323D-4BF4-BD9C-AF0AB16CCA2E-5369-000009A0584FCE0A.jpg

it was a very fun night. i love watching him swim too which is what he did for a half an hour tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kathy Smith
Top Bottom