meet my new baby Elyott

Status
Not open for further replies.
hii! my name is Bryanna. i've been on here for about a week. i just got my new baby beardie today. my first one! she is about 5 inches long and 4 weeks old. it was a horrible 7 hours... no one really liked it. but i got this beautiful little girl (at least i hope its a girl)

this is one of the first pictures i took of her.
BeFunky_photo7.jpg

all stretched out
BeFunky_photo6.jpg

BeFunky_photo5.jpg

i almost thought she was gonna fall asleep
BeFunky_photo4.jpg

BeFunky_photo3.jpg

at home!!!
BeFunky_photo2.jpg

BeFunky_photo1.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Check out the end of the Nutrition list at http://www.beautifuldragons.com. There is a list of plants that are safe for beardies. Don't forget, if you have live plants in his viv, it will up the humidity, so arid plants would be best for him. So check out the list, you'll find plants that would go well. You know he'll eat them right? And that is so funny that he rolls around in his calcium powder :lol: I can just imagine how he looks when he does that!

I'm attaching a pic that you can laugh at I took it myself this am:
006-4.jpg

From left to right: Gabriel, Lonzo (with his eyes closed), Leo and Didi (my little orange beardie). It turned out alot better than I expected!

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Wow that's a lot of boys. They don't mind being together? Being all males and everything? I will look at that website. Yes I know he'll eat them. Its so funny watching him do it. Then u have to bath him if you want to play because he will get it all over you. I was watching him stretch his beard today because he's shedding and I almost thought he was gonna black beard. Also him being all gray means you can't see the powder. :lol: :D
Oh by the way your boys are beautiful. Isn't one missing though? Lol

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Looks like I am gonna try , clover, and maybe some mustard greens. Not sure what type of cactus. It didn't say. We have some very healthy looking cactus is a store down the road but they all have flowers on them. There Christmas cactus. Also speaking of Christmas. Is there a Christmas photo contest like there was for Halloween?

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Right now there is the November photo contest. It's in 'General Discussion'. I am going to enter Nim in it. They will probably have a Christmas one in December. I can't wait! :D

Oh, and believe it or not, I still follow this thread. Only a little though and I hardly read it. But I love the pics of Elyott. :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Glad you liked the pic & yes, normally they would all be fighting, but I took them by surprise. Rubio is the one who's missing, he's brumating, sound asleep for 3 weeks now. Last year he slept for 3 mo, not sure how long he'll sleep this year. I don't think I could hold all 5 of them at once, that may be too many. I was glad I didn't drop any of them today when I took that pic, having only 1 hand to hold them all! Don't think that will ever happen again!

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Lol just scoop them up all at once. And you held them all by yourself. Wow. Lucky they didn't start fighting. elyott has lost his manners. He jumps into his food bowl before you even have it out of your hand. No bath for Elyott today because the whole bath tub is plugged and won't drain. You do not want to see what is floating around in there. I am. Of looking forward to next winter. Because elyott is gonna bermate and I am gonna be sad when I can't wake him.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Not all beardies brumate. Out of my five only Rubio is sound asleep. The other 4 are early nappers or not, Didi and Leo slept a week but they're both up now. Not sure when they'll get back to sleep. It's different every day for all of them, so you just take it day by day. He could but may not, his first year. Rubio didn't sleep until he was 3 & Lonzo didn't until he was 8, so you never know!

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I hope so. I don't like the idea of not seeing my boy do goofy things every morning. If I have him out of the floor he runs around. If its 1:00 in the afternoon and I am watching T.V. with him he is fast asleep in minutes.

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Elyott has started eating 100+ bugs a day. I never thought I would see an 12" lizard eat that much. Wow

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I got my "eat, sleep, obey my dragon" shirt!! Elyott seems to like it too. He kept licking it lol.

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Elyott is more then a character, he's my boss. He has me wrapped around his little fingers and he knows it.which is why when I feed him crickets and has stress marks because he wants his worms I give them too him even though that's for tomorrows meals.

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Lol thankQ. I am very amused by the fact he likes his worms better then crickets. Though might be, because he hates when his viv gets dirty and crickets make it dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom