Meet my little Floki

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have already posted some questions on here, but I realized I never properly introduced us. :)
My name is Alex and this is my little guy (hopefully) Floki
86338-1661695759.jpg

We're still working on bonding
86338-5129758972.jpg

but he is adorable and I love him so much already.
86338-6108875354.jpg

Anyways, I love this site and it's great to have a community

Nice to meet you all :)

MaFt

Re your 2nd photo. It looks like you're in a bathtub - is this a common way to 'bond' with a beardie? Would you recommend it?

MaFt

AlexandriaNC

Original Poster
I read on here that its a good way to let your beardie run around on you without the fear of him getting lost in your house.
My guy is skittish so it helped me :)

MaFt

Might give that a try then - she's a little skittish too although I feat that she'll run up my shoulder and hop out the tub!!

AlexandriaNC

Original Poster
I worried about that too haha but Floki didn't. He stayed on my legs or tried to run up the sides of the tub.

Yeah my guy is pretty skittish.
and a bit aggressive, He hisses and gapes and puffs at me when i try to pick him up.

Hopefully it gets better :)
Good luck with yours

MaFt

Floki looks to be very similar to Gillette in colour/pattern (albeit without the patterned belly)
gillettepattern.jpg

Thankfully Gillette isn't hissing or puffing up.

AlexandriaNC

Original Poster
Aw they are similar.
Yeah mine is a little jerk :)
but I love him.
I have worms coming in the mail, so i think i'm only going to give those when I'm handling so he'll start to associate me with treats haha.
You could try that too

MaFt

What kind of worms? My local reptile place (where I got her from) advised against mealworms until they're much older as they can't really chew through the skin/shell. So I'm just using crickets at the moment ("3rd stage" or "thirds" they're called in the UK, smaller ones - not sure if that's an international term to describe insect size).

MaFt

AlexandriaNC

Original Poster
Yeah, mealworms are real bad.
I ordered pheonix worms or black soldier larvae.
Those can be used as a stable.

AlexandriaNC

Original Poster
I feed the small crickets too and small dubia roaches which are a lot easier than crickets and he seems to like them more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryjane91383
Top Bottom