Meet Bodie <3

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
No, just normal wear + tear and possibly even food residue or buggy guts.
The dark spots definitely aren’t residue. She’s had many baths and scrubs and it stays. Looks like the scales are “burnt.” There’s nothing that could have actually burnt her that’s just how to best describe the look.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I mentioned normal wear and tear....like when we scrape our hand or knee or something similar. Don't scrub it though, that can irritate it. It should be fine. :)

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Update on little Bo. She has hit 115 grams! That’s about 40 grams heavier than when I first got her. Little girl is growing so well!

5A9F127D-5EC6-4D40-A5DC-D1B8D43669E7.jpeg

C7C49D97-7014-4A94-A5D3-D280C7163D41.jpeg

A7765B71-A429-4988-9A37-5A6B48F4D890.jpeg

So proud of her! Round 2 of pinworm meds in about a week and then we will start her on her journey of finding her forever home 💕💕💕

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Man the pic at the bowl caught me off guard lmao. She is amazing!!!!

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
She sleeps a lot, any reason for concern? I know it’s winter but as far as she’s concerned food and heat is more bountiful, so I’d think her biological clock would be for winter.

She eats great and basks she just decides the day is over around 4pm and starts napping. I think her lights go on just before 7. Got her up from her 3pm nap for window time today cause I was worried she didn’t have enough enrichment (and it seems that relocation stress is over) and was maybe feeling depressed. I kept it short since I assume she’s never seen a window before.

Put her back in under her basking spot, so she could bask or go to hide if she wants. She basked a little and now is napping… in her basking spot? This worries me cause it’s definitely warm enough to bask and she is asleep under it. Never seen a beardie sleep in such direct heat and light before… I’m just worried this is lethargy. She has great energy in the mornings though.

IMG_7649.jpeg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
She sleeps a lot, any reason for concern? I know it’s winter but as far as she’s concerned food and heat is more bountiful, so I’d think her biological clock would be for winter.

She eats great and basks she just decides the day is over around 4pm and starts napping. I think her lights go on just before 7. Got her up from her 3pm nap for window time today cause I was worried she didn’t have enough enrichment (and it seems that relocation stress is over) and was maybe feeling depressed. I kept it short since I assume she’s never seen a window before.

Put her back in under her basking spot, so she could bask or go to hide if she wants. She basked a little and now is napping… in her basking spot? This worries me cause it’s definitely warm enough to bask and she is asleep under it. Never seen a beardie sleep in such direct heat and light before… I’m just worried this is lethargy. She has great energy in the mornings though.

View attachment 86197
A couple of my guys will nap in their basking. Heck Zen is like me he'll sleep anywhere lol

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She sure has some great colors & markings there. A lot tend to relax or sleep in their basking area.
It doesn't appear that she is stressed or ill just looking at her. Did you attempt to get her up & around
after awhile?

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It might be just this time of year affecting her, otherwise there could be a health problem. It's not really normal for a healthy juvenile dragon to sleep for hours a day or be lethargic. So it's possibly the semi brumation at a very young age [ small size ]

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl doing today?
Try to encourage her to bask, as much as possible to help keep her metabolism & immune system boosted.

Tracie

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
She is doing good! Sorry for the gap in responding I was away on a trip, my dad and best friend took good care of her. She is more and more active the more settled she gets. I try to put some water-heavy veggies (usually zucchini) in her salads to help with hydration since she’s not great at drinking. It seems she may just like relaxing in the basking spot. I’m sure the neglect she went through might also affect how she acts as a 14-month-old “juvenile.” I’m going to try giving her more enrichment, a net and some more window time. But she seems great, she’s done with the deworming meds since a week ago. Here she is right now after a big poop earlier today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 20

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom