Meet Bodie <3

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Gave her liquid food and a little bit of olive oil today. Let me know any other tips to help her poop! Basking spot is 95-102 throughout the day. Her body isn’t used to digesting this often.

Today is day 6 no poop.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Great job on rescuing this baby ! Like others have said, they can still grow to a much larger size. What and how much has she been eating ? She will go soon no doubt but you can get some canned pumpkin [ no spices added ] or baby food squash and ad a drop of olive oil to any of those things. She'll have a surprise for you soon. :poop:

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Already given her winter squash and olive oil today :) she’s also stopped hiding from be and is basking more, I’m sure she’ll poop soon too!!

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
I have noticed that Bodie got in her hide about 2 hours before bedtime. I peaked in there today at 4:30pm and she had her head down and eyes closed like she was trying to sleep already. I would adjust her down to a 10hr schedule but I’m worried about triggering brumation. These months might be her last change to eat and grow and I’m worried that triggering brumation could stunt that. At the same time I feel bad keeping the lights on when she wants to go to bed. She’s currently on a 12hr schedule.

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Sounds good. How many insects had she been eating daily since you've had her ?
After she pooped I switched her back onto dubia roaches, either lots of tiny ones (maybe 15-20?) or 4-5 larger (for her) ones. The more frequently she starts pooping I’ll increase her protein. Just trying to get a sense of how much she can eat still. Her little belly gets pretty full looking fairly easily.

I’m getting more dubias that will be the perfect medium size for her.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
O.K sounds good . Keep her on the 12 hour light schedule, she can nap if she wants to and then still have a full nights sleep with no lights.

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Bodie had her first vet visit today!

44BCF312-F746-48AB-B990-1037AAE43FBB.jpeg

She was such a good girl and even pooped on the way there, so I was able to give them a sample! Doc recommended her a new calcium powder that has a safe level of vitamin D (low level) and new gut-loading food for her roaches.

He also stressed that she should have some more variety with her insects. I usually rely on salads to offer variety but I think this is also a good idea. However, silkworms are one of my favorites to give and I cannot find the website I used to order them on! Someone on here recommended it because dubiaroaches.com is always out of stock. Please lmk if you know a good place to get them and also let me know your favorite insects to feed so I can offer variety. I won’t do crickets or mealworms. The ones I’m familiar already with are dubias, silkworms, BSFLs, and hornworms.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
You can give superworms also

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Worried about these spots on her front hands. More photos attached.

Could this be skin cancer? 😰

D6434BED-292D-43B9-826C-5DB8CD2FA7A6.jpeg

Attachments

• CC74C007-056E-42D3-AC62-7DDA7FF332FE.jpeg
    CC74C007-056E-42D3-AC62-7DDA7FF332FE.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 32
  • B02F3393-2190-4E86-84F5-50B36E34C986.jpeg
    B02F3393-2190-4E86-84F5-50B36E34C986.jpeg
    173.6 KB · Views: 32

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom