mealworms

Status
Not open for further replies.
My lil guy is out of crickets and he is shedding and the local petstore is out of crickets could I give him Mealworms till I can get more of them??

FlowerChile88

Original Poster
He is about 7 inches they had the small mealworms u put in the icebox and then they come alive when they get a lil warm he seemed to do okay with them crunched them up good I kept a eye on him thats all they had where mealworms out of Crickets till Thursday :banghead:

FlowerChile88

Original Poster
yea the lady suggested that but said for the next couple days Mealworms wouldnt hurt to give him plenty of vitamins he needs hope it works :-\ like I said he ate them w.o problems his shedding is bad enough though poor lil thing...I made sure to pick out the smallest of the worms and made sure he ate them w.o problems I heard him crunchin them

beardieparents7780

Hatchling Member
Mealworms arent bad just not a staple. My boys eat crickets, roaches ,worms and plenty greens. As for impaction Ive never had a problem but I dont feed them mealworms as their main diet. My 7 month old ate 25 crickets, 10 giant worms and a bowl of greens for breakfast lol Later he ate 15 crickets , 5 giant worms and more greens! Hes gonna be a fatty lol

A1CC16A0-0524-49AB-A125-4326503C9B02-3476-0000007D0240CF96_zpsf8e133f3.jpg

jwideman

Hatchling Member
beardieparents7780":1ieizoxr said:
Mealworms arent bad just not a staple. My boys eat crickets, roaches ,worms and plenty greens. As for impaction Ive never had a problem but I dont feed them mealworms as their main diet. My 7 month old ate 25 crickets, 10 giant worms and a bowl of greens for breakfast lol Later he ate 15 crickets , 5 giant worms and more greens! Hes gonna be a fatty lol

If you're talking superworms and an adult beardie, sure. Can even be a staple, according to some. But mealworms? The impaction risk vs the nutrition is the main problem. Superworms have softer chitin, which makes their fairly low nutritional value not as bad.
Plus with a baby? It's like giving a human baby pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom