Maya the Rocket Monkey (Updated 4/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiefsDaddy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
suzjohnson":grmvrto2 said:
She is so cute and tiny still. Hard to imagine she will likely get as large as Chief! :shock:

Suz
We'll see. I don't think she will be as big as Chief, but I'm sure going to try. She eats enough for her size, but not as much as Chief used to. We've had Chief since he was 10 days old, so he's always had unlimited food. Maya spent a month with the breeder, and she did a great job with her, but a breeder can't possibly afford unlimited food for all their babies. So I'm working on her.

ChiefsDaddy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Kalyn876":d83yralr said:
I just can't get over the couch cushion photos!! Too cute and priceless

Kalyn
Hehe... that's why I call he my little monkey. She loves to climb and loves to jump and she is FAST. She climbed up vertically by herself to get to that spot. For such a tiny baby, that's like climbing a 50 foot wall. LOL

MissT

BD.org Addict
ChiefsDaddy":2wgbuf5a said:
suzjohnson":2wgbuf5a said:
She is so cute and tiny still. Hard to imagine she will likely get as large as Chief! :shock:

Suz
We'll see. I don't think she will be as big as Chief, but I'm sure going to try. She eats enough for her size, but not as much as Chief used to. We've had Chief since he was 10 days old, so he's always had unlimited food. Maya spent a month with the breeder, and she did a great job with her, but a breeder can't possibly afford unlimited food for all their babies. So I'm working on her.

Yep - breeders usually have a number of crickets that they will get every day although most will tell the buyer to allow an unlimited amount :D Dont worry though - Maya WILL catch up and get to where she is supposed to be - even poor Huff who was never looked after properly managed to hit 19 inches, Kazi hit 19.5 despite being from a wholesaler and Phoebe hit 19 inches even though at 10 months, she was only 12 inches. Some are just slower than others!!! Just think how tiny Chief was when you got him :shock:

She is beautiful - her tail looks like Travis' did! LOL! The rest of him has finally started to explode today LOL!

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
ChiefsDaddy":gr27jzil said:
suzjohnson":gr27jzil said:

Suz
I suppose they are genetically programmed to reach a certain size and we just afford they the opportunity to maximize their potential.
What size were her parents, any idea?

Suz

ChiefsDaddy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
MissT":ai5rvq15 said:
ChiefsDaddy":ai5rvq15 said:
suzjohnson":ai5rvq15 said:

Suz

Yep - breeders usually have a number of crickets that they will get every day although most will tell the buyer to allow an unlimited amount :D Dont worry though - Maya WILL catch up and get to where she is supposed to be - even poor Huff who was never looked after properly managed to hit 19 inches, Kazi hit 19.5 despite being from a wholesaler and Phoebe hit 19 inches even though at 10 months, she was only 12 inches. Some are just slower than others!!! Just think how tiny Chief was when you got him :shock:

She is beautiful - her tail looks like Travis' did! LOL! The rest of him has finally started to explode today LOL!
Personally, I don't think it is the breeder's responsibility to raise your dragon for you. The breeder gives it enough food to live comfortably, but it is ultimately up the buyer to spoil their dragons rotten.

I'm sure Maya will catch up, I just don't think she'll be as GIANT as Chief. Chief is already 19" at 5 months old. It scares me to think of how big he will end up. I'm hoping he makes big babies too.

Poor Travis. I had no idea before I bought Maya, but it seems that leathers have a bit of a harder time getting rid of a shed as opposed to normals. I knew that about Silkbacks, but not leathers. I guess it makes sense.

ChiefsDaddy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
suzjohnson":323vx0n6 said:
ChiefsDaddy":323vx0n6 said:
suzjohnson":323vx0n6 said:

Suz
I suppose they are genetically programmed to reach a certain size and we just afford they the opportunity to maximize their potential.

Suz
No idea on sizes, although I'm sure I could ask Brenda. Her mom is pretty big. This is mom:

311439_203388413070364_100001976194608_462901_573757885_n.jpg

MissT

BD.org Addict
ChiefsDaddy":2on0wccn said:
Personally, I don't think it is the breeder's responsibility to raise your dragon for you. The breeder gives it enough food to live comfortably, but it is ultimately up the buyer to spoil their dragons rotten.

I'm sure Maya will catch up, I just don't think she'll be as GIANT as Chief. Chief is already 19" at 5 months old. It scares me to think of how big he will end up. I'm hoping he makes big babies too.

Poor Travis. I had no idea before I bought Maya, but it seems that leathers have a bit of a harder time getting rid of a shed as opposed to normals. I knew that about Silkbacks, but not leathers. I guess it makes sense.

Nope, they have so many mouths to feed that it would be IMPOSSIBLE to feed them as much as we do! LOL!

They do seem to have a rough time... last baby I had was Kazi and that was 3 years ago and I remember he would be in preshed one day and would pop the next, all in one piece. Travis has been in preshed for over a week and although big pieces are popping off, its more little bits falling all over the place LOL!

MissT

BD.org Addict
ChiefsDaddy":1oalf156 said:
suzjohnson":1oalf156 said:
ChiefsDaddy":1oalf156 said:
suzjohnson":1oalf156 said:

Suz

Suz
No idea on sizes, although I'm sure I could ask Brenda. Her mom is pretty big. This is mom:

311439_203388413070364_100001976194608_462901_573757885_n.jpg

Well, if the dragons at WDD are anything to go by, Maya will be a VERY big girl LOL!

ChiefsDaddy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Update time!

Maya loves to show off her sexy legs
IMG_5471.jpg

IMG_5475.jpg

Not sure how she ended up with a leaf on her head, but it sure is funny :lol:
IMG_5505.jpg

Full shed (and not very happy about it)
IMG_5521.jpg

Itchy girl!
IMG_5523.jpg

IMG_5527.jpg

Ahhhhh finally!
IMG_5529.jpg

IMG_5530.jpg

What a cutie pie!
IMG_5532.jpg

Some pics of her patterns
IMG_5548.jpg

IMG_5549.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom