May I ask a poo question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elijahsmom

Hatchling Member
Elijah's poop the last couple of days has been different. The brown is well formed but the white is not, he had a fecal done about 2 weeks ago and the vet said that it was negative. He gets yellow squash daily (he likes the frozen kind rather then the fresh stuff, I run it under hot water to de-thaw and then cut it up and he chows down!) He also gets collard greens. He gets silkworms, phoenix worms, dubia roaches, and crickets. Ca dust Mon to Fri and vitamin dust on the weekends. He has had stress marks for a bit now, ever since I moved him into his new cage, they go away when I hold him though. No poo today, though he is getting older and I'm expecting that to slow down, though he hasn't had a shed in a while, he shed the top of his head and stopped and that was a while ago, his tail is discolored now so I'm expecting him to start on that but it seems to be taking FOREVER!
Tank info:
40 gal breeder
cage carpet
diet info above
basking 95 - 103
cool side 77 - 81
UVB ReptiSUN 10.0 24"
baths about 4 times a week
I've been having temp problems with his tank but I posted that in the enclosure's forum.
Thanks for the poo talk with me.

Elijahsmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Alright Elijah's poo improved for a couple of days but it's back to what I described as before. Here is a pic. Does this mean he is not absorbing Ca? I know if it's too hard there is too much Ca in the diet.
Picture019.jpg

Thanks again.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Hi.
I am sorry that no one has answered your question from the other night. Your set up looks like it is pretty good. I am wondering if the liquidy white urate has to do with him being well hydrated. Sounds like that could be it, with the diet that you described. Well hydrated is a good thing.
Hopefully if anyone else has dealt with this, maybe they will see it and have some advice for you.

Elijahsmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the reply, I wasn't sure about hydration. He has had some clear discharge with his poos too but just lately the urate has been runny. I don't know and I've done a few searches on other posts here. May be someone has had something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom