Male or Female? (With pictures. That may not help much.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I've been thinking my Beardie is male. Named him Dodongo. Then took a peak, and in accordance with http://www.repticzone.com/articles/sexingbeardeddragons.html he's a GIRL.

It seems like there's one bump, in the middle, near the vent.

vent3kl5.jpg

vent1kc3.jpg

img1307aw4.jpg

img1307aw4.jpg

Superfictious

Original Poster
Nearly a year. Was bought be previous owners as a baby last Christmas. I'm assuming her birthday is sometime in December.

Superfictious

Original Poster
Thanks. Yeah, I have seen that one, too. 8]
I was just hoping for somebody to confirm. This is my first Beardie.

My sister raised and sold bearded dragons. If you take the tail and lift it up and back as far as you can then you will be able to tell. On your secound picture it looks like there are two balls. If that is the case then you have a male. The female's don't have anything. All the other pictures look like nothing but the second one really looks like it could be male.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Superfictious":427e1 said:
Thanks. Yeah, I have seen that one, too. 8]
I was just hoping for somebody to confirm. This is my first Beardie.

Dexter was sold to us as an adult male..... who has laid 17 eggs :p
So even the sellers can get it squiffy sometimes!

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
A male will have several "pre anal" bumps that go down the sides of the legs. So if there are obvious raised bumps that are right before the vent and run down the legs you have a male. If no bumps then Female. Also by lifting the tail is a hard way to tell, only because if you dont have one or the other to compair it can be hard if you dont know what your looking for, but the female opening is smaller than the male opening. You can also hurt your dragon if this is not done properly so I dont recomend this.

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
f4kzdz.jpg
This is a male showing the femoral pores. They are very obvious by 1 year old. It looks like your Dragon is smooth from your pictures no obvious bumps like this, so I think you have a female

Superfictious

Original Poster
=O Wow thanks. I hadn't heard about those pores.
I'm pretty convinced I have a girlie on my hands. 8] Thanks a bunch everybody.

I guess I'll watch for those bumpy pores in the next month or so, but I'm not really expecting them now.

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
Yeah The pores were very obvious on Judah by the time he was like 6-7 months old. So you should be able to see them by now on your dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom