Lots of air in beardies belly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys! Has anyone ever run into this problem? I got an x ray done of my baby who I thought was gravid (not pregnant), but all she saw was a bunch of air. You can even feel the inflated feeling when holding her. Apparently she’s swallowing a lot of air but why? We put her on antibiotics to clear up some parasites and I thought that might be the issue but the parasites have been gone for awhile but the air is still there... help!!!

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
mangofrankobowser":3biifr1n said:
Hi guys! Has anyone ever run into this problem? I got an x ray done of my baby who I thought was gravid (not pregnant), but all she saw was a bunch of air. You can even feel the inflated feeling when holding her. Apparently she’s swallowing a lot of air but why? We put her on antibiotics to clear up some parasites and I thought that might be the issue but the parasites have been gone for awhile but the air is still there... help!!!
Being gravid is pregnant in reptiles and bearded dragons dont reach sexual maturity until over a year old. What did the doctor say?

mangofrankobowser

Original Poster
BeardedDragonSteve":1t0ctjwd said:
mangofrankobowser":1t0ctjwd said:
Being gravid is pregnant in reptiles and bearded dragons dont reach sexual maturity until over a year old. What did the doctor say?

Sorry I meant to say infertile eggs. She just said that she's swallowing air but didn't really give me a reason behind it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom