LOST BEARDIE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a day and my beardie Lilith has been lost for a day now! I have looked EVERYWHERE. I mean EVERYWHERE. Even in places where it was impossible. I've looked under everything i've looked in everything even on beds under laundry trust me in every possible place in my house. How could he just disappear?! I've always had his cage doors open but usually he never goes anywhere but my room. Today he decided to explore :( I have hardwood floors and I usually hear him moving around upstairs ( I was downstairs) But I guess my movie was too loud and I didn't. I'm so worried it's a day before christmas and I don't want to spend christmas without him. I had a whole christmas present planned for him I was going to remodel his tank, I miss him I'm so worried. What do you guys think?

fluffpuffgerbil

Juvie Member
Have you looked in all dark places accessible to a lizard? Get down on your belly if you must and look to see if there's somewhere dark and cool, as that's where my dragon tends to likes to go when he runs off. Typically, my dragon (when he runs off) goes to dark corners. One time he ended up in my parent's bathroom in the corner by the toilet, and another time he ended up in my sister's room under her laundry bag. These are all cases though of when I let him run around and forget to keep track of him after awhile. Last night I left him on my bed while I got ready for bed and came back and couldn't find him. Turns out he was sleeping between the foot of my bed and on top of a blanket on the dog crate at the end of my bed.
Is your dragon an adult or a juvenile? A small one is obviously going to be a bit tougher to spot than a big one, but if he's an adult, then you have less cause to worry. Speaking of which, have you looked under your christmas tree if you have one and if it's on the floor/accessible to beardies? When allowed access to them, my dragons enjoy sleeping under them.
Good luck, and I hope you find your baby soon!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My dragons like to sleep IN the Christmas tree. I second looking into any small dark places or anywhere that would feel "cozy" to a dragon. I would also put out a heat lamp and some food in the middle of your room to try and lure him out. You can also turn the lights off and use a bright flashlight to look under furniture and in closets etc to try and catch the reflection of his eyes if he's awake.

PaeganFuc3ingRules

Original Poster
Yes i've looked in a lot of dark and cool places and i've got into any position to see under things and everything... At the moment i've made my house 80 degrees.... nd put a heat lamp in the room I believe he is in. My parents room because it's large and i've searched my entire room from one corner to the other everything. I've put veggies around too. That was all in the morning. Nothing so far...

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Keep at it. They are tough little guys. I've heard of them being found after several days. Even after several days outside. I think he'll turn up soon.

PaeganFuc3ingRules

Original Poster
fluffpuffgerbil":i0jkm5hb said:
Did you find him?

not by christmas but my sister actually found him two days after! He was INSIDE my mom's couch! I mean I looked in there but maybe I didn't see him or he moved! It felt like a christmas gift!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom