Lobster roaches not breading

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosienew

Original Poster
we do have babies loads of them but its half the adult stock that died the babies seem to fare better and only lost a few but the adult population is half what it was.

patrickb

Juvie Member
They do like it hot, but too hot can kill them. If they are getting above 105-110 degrees, then that is too hot, but it would kill way more than just the adults.

It sounds like you just have a bunch of adults that have hit the end of their life cycle. Those may be the original batch you bought that are dieing off. But to be on the safe side, check through the enclosure carefully and look for signs of mold. Remove all the dead bodies and a full cleaning might be in order now too. If your babies and still surviving then I think you will be ok.

rosienew

Original Poster
just a quick update breeding is back on track new ones are doing there stuff !!
anyone reading this thinking of going ahead with roaches do save a few pennies and indeed pounds in this credit crunch make your dragons self sufficent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom