Lilly and Lyla

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got my new baby today! She has done great so far. Other than a dark belly she has shown no signs of relocation stress. At 6 months and 104 gm, she ate a meal that would have rivaled my boyfriends 10 month old, 314 gm dragon. She had hornworms, butterworms, and crickets. We actually had to cut her off on cricket because I stupidly bought some that were way to big (we picked out the littlest ones). I have already taken several pictures so I just have to share. I will be updating this post periodically with more pictures and stories. (I have to add my funny cricket story here. Yesterday I went to feeder's supply to get crickets because I won't be able to get bulk until monday. A girl in her 20s or so was helping me. She had jeans on with torn knees. As she was almost done with my crickets she says "Oh my gosh". "What?" I asked. "A cricket just crawled into my pants." She hurried off to go take care of it and another worker came to finish my cricket order. I found it hilarious).
On to pictures:
Basking
DSC_0758.jpg

Setup
DSC_0759.jpg

Close-up
DSC_0757.jpg

Mommy tried to get a picture of me as a burrito but wasn't fast enough
DSC_0755.jpg

One more basking shot
DSC_0756.jpg

Would have been a great bath pic if mommy paid attention to the focus
DSC_0754.jpg

Whole body bath shot
DSC_0753.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Sara

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well it's official. Lilly has claimed me as hers. She was sitting on my lap and I recognized her poo dance but didn't have enough time to react. So I of course changed my jeans and went to put them in the wash. As I put the "load" (one shirt) that was in the wash into the dryer, I noticed the beads from one of my favorite shirts stuck in the vents (My dad decided to wash my pile of laundry tucked away in my room and didn't noticed that shirt was handwash only). So as I was collecting beads Lilly decided to help and jumped into the dryer! There was nothing in there and it was actually quite cute. I didn't let her stay long though. I might just have to replicate the scene to get pictures lol. In other news, she's been doing great. She's quite a little snugglebug now- very happy to sit on my shoulder and watch the world. She's up to 14.75" now- I can't believe it! That's a gain of 1.25" in 23 days! Hope everyone's doing well and I'll try to get some new pics soon.
Sara

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Aww, very cute! Lilly, I know the dryer looks fun, but trust me, you don't want to go for a ride in there! :D

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I took Lilly to the vet for the first time today. She needed her nails trimmed and I am honestly too scared to do it myself. I plan to tile her "big girl" viv whenever I get it built so hopefully that'll keep her nails trimmed. She did great at the vet. She was very obviously not happy when they trimmed her nails but didn't hiss or attempt to bite. The vet checked her over and said she looks great. Everyone raved over her color. Most importantly, her fecal was completely clean (yay!!). I know I promised pics, but my dad has the camera again. Hopefully I can get a turn with it tomorrow.
Sara

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Lilly is 7 months old today! It has also been exactly 1 month since I got her. I decided to do a photo shoot. It's amazing how much she has grown! She is up to 15.5" which is a growth of 2 inches in a month. She grew .75" in a week!! She has also jumped from 110 or so grams to 191 as of this morning. She ate well over 600 crickets her first month here and I can tell it'll be even more next month! So here's what you really want to see:

Still loves my basking rock!
DSC_1000.jpg

I still fit in the palm of mommy's hand, but just barely
DSC_1003.jpg

What a sweet face!
DSC_1004.jpg

Showing off my colors
DSC_1006.jpg

Mommy wanted a pic of me on the picnic table outside, but it was too hot so she had to settle for one on her hand
DSC_1008.jpg

Are you STILL taking pictures?!
DSC_1011.jpg

Dignified pose
DSC_1012.jpg

No more pictures, mommy!
DSC_1014.jpg

This pic would be cuter if these were lillies!
DSC_1016.jpg

Looking out the window
DSC_1018.jpg

Sara

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Sara,

Those are just beautiful pictures...........I love lilly's "eye-make" as I call it. It looks like she has some dark eye shadow starting from her eye down to her ear, beauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful!! A little Goth going on! 8) You should (and I know you are) be very proud of her.......... quite the looker! :wink:

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
Is there something special about the markings on Lilly's back? Sorry if this Q has been asked, I didn't read the whole thread. I had to know because the babies I'm going to pick from in a half hour have the same pattern on their back, and if they're leatherbacks or something....

Jacqui

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
The info I got was that Lilly's mom was normal and her dad was red/orange/gold/sandfire/hypo orange/ gg. She's not a leatherback. Jacqui, I am so glad that you are going to get a new baby! Thanks for the compliments as always Christine!
Sara

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks Char- I weighed her 15 minutes or so ago and she is at 208 grams!! This morning she was at 198. She's eating up to 60 crix some days, so I'm not surprised she's growing. I saw you went on vacation, did you have a good time? I've been looking at all your beautiful babies- I'm going to get myself in trouble if I'm not careful.
immortaljedi, thanks for the compliments. I dreamed of a career in photography, but I guess I'll just have to settle for taking lots of pictures of my babies lol.
I tried making Lilly a harness today because I want to be able to take her outside some more, but that didn't go over to well. After she escaped from her harness for about the tenth time, she went to my comforter and let me know exactly what she thought of the leash. Comforters in the wash now. I think the leash idea's going to have to wait til she's a bit bigger- she can just get out too easily now. Oh well, short times outside sitting on my shoulder are probably better for her right now anyway.
I'll try to get some more pictures soon, but am going out of town twice in the next two days to see friends (my gas tank is cringing already).
Sara

TheDragonHut

Hatchling Member
Then she really has grown! Yes I took a few days off but cut it short. My husband went to CO on motorcycle trip this morning and I was going to go too but backed out. I'm sure he and his friend will have a good time and be very sore when they get back too so I won't miss out on that! They will be doing a lot of camping and sitting on the bikes driving a lot. Not really my thing. I have too many babies right now anyhow so I'd have a hard time not worrying about them!

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well I'm glad you at least got a few days off. I think I would've passed on the motorcycle trip too. I have enough trouble leaving Lilly for any amount of time- I can't imagine leaving a bunch of babies. How many total babies do you have right now out of curiosity? And yes, Lilly has grown sooo much I can't believe it. I double checked the scale and even zeroed it again to be sure that was right, but it is. The vet weighed her at 170 on Jun 22, so she's gained almost 40 grams in 2.5 weeks. She has been in shed or preshed I think every day since I got her. She was at the beginning of preshed on her tail when I got her. Now everything but a 1/4" strip on her neck has shed and that has just started getting the pre-shed look. Anyway, she has been such a great little girl.
Thanks again,
Sara

Agrannus

Amazing colors that stand out she is a beauty queen no doubt and I have to agree she looks like she is going to be a handful those eyes say it all.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thank you Agrannus and pclyons!
She can be a handful at times, but is usually a very good little girl. She is typically very content to just sit on me and watch me type but the other day she jumped down and ran right over to my jack russell :shock: ! I told Jackie to stay and for once in her life she actually listened. She is starting to actually puff up at me when she's unhappy and I get it quite a lot when I put her back in her tank. I'll have to take new pics soon, she's gained 40+ grams since I took those. She's up to 16.25" long. Anyway, I'll post as soon as I get them!
Sara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom