Lilly and Lyla

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got my new baby today! She has done great so far. Other than a dark belly she has shown no signs of relocation stress. At 6 months and 104 gm, she ate a meal that would have rivaled my boyfriends 10 month old, 314 gm dragon. She had hornworms, butterworms, and crickets. We actually had to cut her off on cricket because I stupidly bought some that were way to big (we picked out the littlest ones). I have already taken several pictures so I just have to share. I will be updating this post periodically with more pictures and stories. (I have to add my funny cricket story here. Yesterday I went to feeder's supply to get crickets because I won't be able to get bulk until monday. A girl in her 20s or so was helping me. She had jeans on with torn knees. As she was almost done with my crickets she says "Oh my gosh". "What?" I asked. "A cricket just crawled into my pants." She hurried off to go take care of it and another worker came to finish my cricket order. I found it hilarious).
On to pictures:
Basking
DSC_0758.jpg

Setup
DSC_0759.jpg

Close-up
DSC_0757.jpg

Mommy tried to get a picture of me as a burrito but wasn't fast enough
DSC_0755.jpg

One more basking shot
DSC_0756.jpg

Would have been a great bath pic if mommy paid attention to the focus
DSC_0754.jpg

Whole body bath shot
DSC_0753.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Sara

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Sara,

I really loved the pics of your girls, Lyla is really cute & to be able to give her extra greens as a treat? What did you do to get her to eat her greens? Lucky mom, if she eats all her greens, mine still struggle to eat them, it's a drag, but I'm hoping they'll be hungry enough to eat them this am.
Give your girls a hugs from us.
Deb

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Renee starts all her babies on greens very early. Lyla LOVES greens to the point I have to limit her to keep her from fillin up on them and not eating her bugs.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Baby loves his greens too! He refuses all bugs but will eat greens... Strange little baby LOL!
Lyla is growing up too quickly LOL!
I lovethe pic of Lily's curious face!!

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I really need to get some new pictures of the girls, Lyla is growing up fast! Lilly was up for a little bit today then when I peeked back in on her, she had buried her face under her blankie.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Brumation is starting, darn it all, Lonzo's really the only one who's sort of sleeping on & off. Rubio will sleep for a day, then be up for a week. Leo is getting really lazy, so I'm expecting him to sleep any time. Sweetie has to wait until she's healed up, got her to the vet yesterday & she's developed a respiratory infection, so have Bayrill for 10 days & the doc checked her arms & they're both starting to heal, they're just really swollen. She fell off my shoulder and I caught her, but she broke both bones above the elboes. She's not supposed to be moving (like I could stop her) & the vet was amazed that she'd want to move around so much. I've taken all the furniture out of her tank & she has about 3" of soft towels & blankies to roll around on. My vet thought I could put her in a 20 gallon, to stop her from moving, I know from experience that she'd hop up on her back legs & bat her arms on the glass to get out. So I've left her in her own tank, but with nothing that she can fall off of or roll off of. Back to the vet Nov 5 & hope that her arms are ok & that the RI is gone. There is never a dull moment with Sweetie! The doc is also looking into a progesterone for birds that might work on her to prevent her making any more eggs. She lays too often, such that I'm not able to get enough food in her to gain the weight she needs to make eggs. So I'm giving her calcium, carnivore care & whatever else she'll eat.

More pics of Lyla & maybe Lilly would be great. I'm so glad Lyla's eating her greens, it's so important. I can hardly get any into my 5, they see greens coming and ignore them, or run through them, or poop on them. What can you do? Does Lilly eat all her greens, too? Rubio used to eat all his greens every day, then he hit 1 yr old & started to snub them in favour of worms, I try to get him to eat salad b4 worms, but that never seems to work. I'll keep working on that.
Deb

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can't believe I missed these pictures. :oops:
Just look at the sparkle in her eye. :p
DSC_0015.jpg

Love this picture of Lilly.
DSC06547-1.jpg

How often does she get up now, a few days a wk?

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Lilly has hardly been up at all this week :cry: :cry: :cry: . I miss my big girl. She's never been a great greens eater, Lyla is the one who really tears them up. Deb, I bet it is hard to keep Sweetie calm, I know it's impossible to keep my girls calm when I try.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Just love the pics of the girls, the color or Lyla on your finger is stunning, and Lilly's beard is just beautiful, hope they're both in my clans calendar..........

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Sara, my grandson, Aiden, an I were just looking at your thread and he(Aiden) says Lyla is a to cuuute :love5: and Lilly is a nice looking big dragon. :headbang: God, I love this kid! :D

Hugs and Warm Snuggles!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It's about time missy! :wink:

I still can't believe how fast Lyla is growing. Whatever happened to the itty bitty I'm-so-worried-that-she's-not-growing-fast-enough baby?

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I've been wondering about you Missy! Hope your holidays were nice. :)

Lyla is getting big...how much does she weigh and measure now?

How is Lilly? Is she brumating?

Good to see you are still with us! :)

Hugs & Snuggles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom