Lighting reflectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karenxx67

Juvie Member
Ive been researching these but am not sure how i would fit one inside a wooden viv.

Ive noticed its just a metal sheild an has no screws or holes to attach to the roof inside the viv.

So would i just insert the bulb an then hang it from the wires either side? Is that how they work?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I made a metal clip to hold mine in place. I have been working on a new hood for my 75 gl enclosure all I have left to do is cut the vents.

They are made from pre-made 90° metal clips used for shelf construction. I just bent another 90 on it, shaping it like a Z , put 2 screws in each one and bingo.

I will post pics of it when I get home after work tonight.

The Arcadia ones just go over the clips for your bulb. Then held in place by the bulb. You may need adjust one or both of the clips to to meet the holes.

Karenxx67

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Totally confused but it doesnt take a lot lol.

I need to order a reflector an then take a look at it lol

This is what the Arcadia ones look like.

61-63OXDOBL.jpg

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Na, it's not that complicated just get a 90-degree clip that is long enough and bend the end of it to hold it in a Z shape . Then screw it down I will lock it in place

Karenxx67

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So those reflectors dont have fixings that fix them to the roof of a wooden viv?

Are the just ment for a screen top then?

Sharpy

Hatchling Member
Karenxx67":lypgcu80 said:
So those reflectors dont have fixings that fix them to the roof of a wooden viv?

Are the just ment for a screen top then?

Hi Karen
I have an Arcadia reflector it came with plastic clips that clip onto the tube.
Its really easy to set up.

Kay

Karenxx67

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hi kay. I get that they have plastic clips for the tube bulb but how does the whole thing fix to the top of the viv?

As it is now i have 2 pieces of black plastic that screw to the roof. The clips then push onto the black plastic an thise clips hold the bulb, but how do u mount the reflector to the roof? Or dont you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom