Lighting Assistance Please UVB 10.00 T5HO

Status
Not open for further replies.

anastasia6988

Hatchling Member
Hello everyone! Its been a while. :)

However, I am finally getting around to building a larger enclosure for Hades. (when I say I am building it I really mean my dad is building it and I am helping. hehe) :D

We are building a 4x2x2 and we will be mounting the lights inside. I have read and read and searched and searched about which uvb bulb to buy but I still need help!

I want to go with the Reptisun 10.0 T5HO 34". However, my question is, do I need a reflector when putting it inside the tank? Do you think this will provide the adequate uvb for this enclosure being mounted on the inside. (not too much; not too little) The tank is 24 inches high, so I assume with the furniture I have for him he will be able to get around 16 inches from uvb when basking (I can get this closer or further if recommended). and when he is on the floor it will be closer to 22 inches from the uvb.

Also, any ideas for fixtures to mount the light inside. I was looking at home depot and lowes and found some things that would work, however, wondering if anyone else has any other ideas or tips.

Thanks in advanced!

anastasia6988

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well thanks for the information guys. I will definitely look it over. So even in a 4 foot long tank you both would recommend the 22inch sunblaster with reflector correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom