LG ~ The Handi-Capable Bearded Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
he's really starting to warm up to the green stuff. im going to get some prickely-pear cactus and aloe-vera(since i live in california) and mix that in with his greens. i have been following the guide at beautifuldragons.com on what to eat.

*edit* answered my own question :mrgreen:

Dave94

Gray-bearded Member
I THINK It bines calcium? I'm not sure so Don't take my information as right. I'm sure some others will help. BUT I think it binds calcium absorbtion or something. Sorry I wasn't anymore help.

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
You're an amazing person...I cried when I read the story but he looks great. You did an awesome job!
I don't know if it would be too slippery or not, but non-adhesive self liner might work for the bottom of his cage (or maybe part of it, but it seems like what you're doing now is working perfectly, just a thought). It's cheaper than the reptile carpet and much easier to clean. It actually might help him get around a little easier (if it's not too slick)...I don't know though. You have obviously figured everything out and have taken great care of this very special beardie.
Are you still dusting his crickets though? He still needs the extra supplements/vitamins, but at the age he is now he shouldn't need as much, I'm sure others will correct me on that if I'm wrong (please do, I don't want to give the wrong advice).
He looks so happy; you gave this little guy a life and a good one. :D
Please do report that petstore, that's so cruel and they deserve to be punished for making these animals suffer.
It looks like he has everything he needs and a lot of love and devotion from you. I can't applaud you enough. I don't know what else you need, I'm not located anywhere near you, but if there's something vital, I'd like to help.

Dave94

Gray-bearded Member
jscott":4b389 said:
WHOA! quick! thank you dave :wink:
No problem. I hope I'm right. I think its something about calcium I help. Maybe try wikipedia or google it aswell :wink:

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
amalsg07,

thank you for your kind words. he means all the world to me and theres nothing i'd trade him for, except for two of him. he seems to have gotten use to the ebb and flow of his daily routines and i must say he enjoys his life thoroughly(a little TOO much if you ask me :roll: ).

Dave94

Gray-bearded Member
I have to admit this. I think If my beardie was like that. I don't know if he would of survived. You are suc a carer. I think in who cares the most You would beat me 100%!

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
a8.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

4a.jpg

these are a few of my favorite pictures... im planning on putting something up in the expressions forum.

p.s. thank you dave, dont give away mojo! if you do though, make sure she goes to someone as concerned with her care as you are :wink:

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
I just don't understand how someone could allow an animal to suffer like that. Thank God for people like you. He looks so happy!!! He really does get along with his disabilities very well; I wouldn't expect him to be able to sit up like that.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
amalsg07- I wouldn't expect him to be able to sit up like that.

yes, i'm glad he's able to do the basics... it helps me gauge what it is he wants. i don't pose him for any of our pictures(though i think thats fine, ive seen some adorable pictures:
IMG_1653-11.jpg
... i copied this as soon as i saw it :laughing6: :love5: ).

i try not to handle him unless it's for going outside to bask, bringing him into my room to be near me or to bath. it's not that i wouldn't like to pick him up more often, but i only try to do what he wants :notworthy: . if it isn't really necessary and i think he might not enjoy it, i wont force it upon him(since i joined this site though :study: i try to bath him often. he seems to be at ease during a slightly warm soak ).

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
That pic is cool. I would worry about handling a beardie with the disabilities that yours has too though. I read just about all of your posts and I think it's funny and shows a real bond between the two of you for him to be able to "tell" you what he wants with specific actions. I think that's amazing. From the pics you've posted he really seems to like the water...which is a bit odd for beardies...it maybe in part because of his missing limbs. It might feel better for him because of the loss of his feet, he is putting his weight on a more sensitive body part. Just thought of that, I really have no idea! I think you're doing everything right though, he's getting the correct lighting and heat and everything else that he needs, plus plenty of love.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
thank you very much, i do try to read his thoughts :?: before deciding to pick him up. it's difficult to get my fingers under him. i generally have to scoop him up from under his chest(he pushes off the ground when he senses im trying to lift him up)

when bathing i only leave him in for a few minutes if he seems displeased. i always fold a paper towell into a thick rectangle and place it in the basin for his upper body to rest on. sometimes he soaks for a good 20 minutes before i place him under his UV/Heat spot to dry out.

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
Aw, that's so cute. Pet and human relationships are amazing. You saved his life and it's such an amazing story. I wish there were more people like you in this world. Sounds like you're doing everything right and if you have anymore questions there's plenty of helpful people on here to give you the answers. I'm probably not the best one to ask, but don't hesitate, petstores really set people off track with beardies and this is the place to really ask questions and get a good answer, especially with a special-needs beardie. Keep us updated and keep posting pictures. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom